Endless space 2 early access imminent

Started by undercovergeek, September 28, 2016, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Just as I finish chiselling my 'no more new games for me' tablet of stone to wear around my neck, this happens

http://store.steampowered.com/app/392110/

Really liked the first one, spent many happy hours with huw attempting to kill the AI, this one has all the fancy bells and whistles 'legends' added to its gameplay so I'm pretty excited about this - I like amplitude very much

FlickJax

I didn't get the first one but do have Endless Legends, I must say it looks very pretty in the lets play videos :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhYNUmj1oKQ

Jarhead0331

I liked the the first one, but found it extremely challenging. I just could not compete with the AI.

Hopefully, this one will be a little more forgiving.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 28, 2016, 08:48:21 AM
I liked the the first one, but found it extremely challenging. I just could not compete with the AI.

Hopefully, this one will be a little more forgiving.

The games I played I could handle the majority of the AI but there was always one race that turned up with epic ships that tore mine to shreds, spies showed their total lack of understanding of the economy and science but a big lead in military research - should have seen it coming

mikeck

Man that looks great! I loved the first one but couldn't get into it for long because of the combat. It's wasn't lack of control, I just hated the "War" card system of "I play lasers!....Ahhh! He used the 'anti-laser" card.I lose" kind of thing. Plus it was way too short. It did get better later on.

This one though...wow. Looks beautiful, ships are detailed, distances are large AND I get to choose a formation strategy at the beginning. Seems like the battles are longer and  I like the idea of NO real tactical control over movement and such as that probably isn't realistic. BUT, I should be able to determine how we start the fight. So battles seem to be a big improvement. Hope they stay away from the cards UNLESS, they are limited to tactics or strategies like "increase speed" or "increase shields lower weapons"....
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Barthheart

I enjoyed the first one as well. Haven't played in a long time, I found that balanced fleets were the key to success. Only ever had trouble with the AIs in the early game.

This one will have to wait however as Civ VI will take all my gaming money in Oct....

FlickJax

Quote from: Barthheart on September 28, 2016, 09:16:48 AM
I enjoyed the first one as well. Haven't played in a long time, I found that balanced fleets were the key to success. Only ever had trouble with the AIs in the early game.

This one will have to wait however as Civ VI will take all my gaming money in Oct....

I am just gonna cry....So much to pay out in October, Daughters 18th, mini cruise to Brugge....Mr Credit Card might get rather hot....