Main Menu

Attack on Titan

Started by jomni, August 26, 2016, 05:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

For those who know the Attack on Titan manga / anime, this one seems to be a well-made game.  But it's follows the over-used Dynasty warriors hack and slash pedigree.  And in all the videos I've seen killing the giants are pretty easy since they're slow and dumb.  But I guess it's Normal difficulty in the beginning stages.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/449800/

JasonPratt

Hm, I saw that released the other day; didn't realize it was based on the Warriors engine.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mikeck

I understand that nothing is more a reflection of culture than that cultures fears. In the U.S., we have this fear of the "corruption of innocence"...which is why possessed kids, possessed dolls and clowns scare us.

So what is the deal then with Japanese and giants monsters? Both Godzilla, Kaiiju (pacific rim) and giant walking dead? All monsters are Giants
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on August 29, 2016, 09:38:58 AM
I understand that nothing is more a reflection of culture than that cultures fears. In the U.S., we have this fear of the "corruption of innocence"...which is why possessed kids, possessed dolls and clowns scare us.

So what is the deal then with Japanese and giants monsters? Both Godzilla, Kaiiju (pacific rim) and giant walking dead? All monsters are Giants

My guess is that it has to do with destruction on a vast scale, and the experience the Japanese faced with the allied bombing campaign and atom bombs in WWII.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Also, they've had mass destruction for literally as long as people have inhabited the islands, in the form of volcanoes, tidal waves, earthquakes more generally, and hurricanes.

This is aside from what effect any local patches of "sasquatch / yeti" type creatures living on the islands until however recently, had on the indigenous mythmaking.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mikeck

Lol...where do they come up with the faces on these things??  :uglystupid2:
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson