Main Menu

FRI...DAY

Started by JudgeDredd, August 26, 2016, 12:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Sorry for the poor title fit - but the song is actually just called Eighth Day!

Loved this film (Breaking Glass). Acting was poor, but story was quite raw. Turn the volume up.

Well, I don't know what to do....start my Starship Enterprise model, get into the Band of Brothers board games Bob gave me or play computer games!

I think ultimately it will be plenty of F1 2016. I'm playing a full career mode so there's 3 practice sessions, full qualifying and 100% race...that should use up a lot of the time! I really like the practice and development aspects of the game...it gives practice a meaning as opposed to just learning the track.

I will also read up on the rules on the Band of Brothers Ghost Panzers board game and see if I can fit the tutorial mission in on Monday (long weekend here in the UK).

Enjoy your gaming.
Alba gu' brath

tgb

MOO (the new one)
Skyboats
Faeria
Sengoku Jidai

Anguille

I actually wanted to finally start playing Stellaris but i prefer to wait until the patch is released (as it seems to be a fairly important one).

Now that New MOO has received a new patch, i will play that. Also the following games:

- Sengoku Jidai
- Armada 2526
- Tropico 3

undercovergeek

Between work and family engagements I'll try and squeeze in some more total warhammer. I'm the major powerhouse on the east of the map, I've come across two more small dwarf clans in the north who have been ravaged by orcs or vampires. The border princes are getting cheeky and the empire has cancelled it's non aggression pact with me - I'm at a stage where I need to do some internal mopping up before deciding where to expand. I have 2 unhappy provinces that keep spawning rebellions because I don't own all the territories - the problem is they're held by dwarves so there may be a civil war first

I was worried about the vampires until a 2000 strong army attacked me - I lost 150, crumbled all the army and wounded manfred himself - puny vampires

jamus34

No clue, I'm somewhat in a gaming rut. Might try to continue my Dishonored & Duex Ex campaigns as both of those games have sequels that either just hit or coming soon.

Might try to learn DC Case Blue, GT operation star or WitP AE again but unsure if I'll have the patience
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

I have been rediscovering Mount and Blade.  I bought the Viking expansion a while back and have just started to enjoy it- it's quite immersive.  I've also rediscovered the simple joy of multiplayer skirmishes in Viking, Warband, and even Napoleon (which is just stupidly fun). 

I'm also in the home stretch of Shelby Foote's excellent Civil War trilogy, so I feel inspired to fire up Scourge of War: Gettysburg for some Civil War action.

I have an unprecedented pants free weekend coming up with the family out of town, so if I don't get completely shit faced on pr0n and scotch, should be some good gaming to look forward to tonight!   ^-^
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Barthheart

New stuff out for CKII so might have to fire that up... it's been a while... O0

Maybe some Polaris Sector.

Some VASSAL work.

Maybe some Old School Tactical boardgaming.

Gotta do some body work on my wife's car before it devolves completely.

Yard work as always.

BanzaiCat

I had a bunch of Amazon credit and a few bux from my bday (mostly Amazon credit fortunately), so I went a little nuts in the board game department. I'm expecting, to arrive by tomorrow:

Police Precinct (2nd Edition)
Flash Point (plus four expansions)
Star Trek: Expeditions
Star Trek: Panic!

...and Sunday's going to be a busy day, with an audition, GrogCast Season 4 start-up, and board gaming.

Dammit Carl!

I wish I had Shelby Foote's accent; I'd have gone to Europe (or up north - yankee girls are the best) and scored much tail.

Anyhoo, got yardwork as always and after putting a new pickguard on the bass, time to crank back up on the Rocksmith 2014.

jamus34

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on August 26, 2016, 07:41:06 AM
I wish I had Shelby Foote's accent; I'd have gone to Europe (or up north - yankee girls are the best) and scored much tail.

Anyhoo, got yardwork as always and after putting a new pickguard on the bass, time to crank back up on the Rocksmith 2014.

Learning to play bass is one of my long term dreams/goals.
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

Order of Battle: US Marines.

Hosting poker on Saturday.

Playing my pinball machine.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: jamus34 on August 26, 2016, 08:14:30 AM
Learning to play bass is one of my long term dreams/goals.

I played when younger and put it away for damn near a decade and change (life, kids, deployments,ptsd - the usual reasons).  It's been fun re-learning things and I'll say that the Rocksmith program is a pretty damn good way to do it (learning to play, that is).  It is honestly never to late to start, so buck up, hit Craigslist and get yourself a bass today!

Oh, and if you do get Rocksmith, head over to the Customs Forge site to then be able to download a veritable shit-ton of additional music - got all of my Kings of Leon from there as well as others for example.

Chicks dig bass players as we've got exceptional rhythm.  ^-^

Jarhead0331

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Star Citizen with the newly released 2.5 update!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 26, 2016, 12:30:31 AM
Sorry for the poor title fit - but the song is actually just called Eighth Day!

Loved this film (Breaking Glass). Acting was poor, but story was quite raw. Turn the volume up.

This is why I start Friday threads on Thursday.  :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

JD...I enjoy your posts, especially in the "Share your Videos" thread...but your music choice for today had me muting the sound. Not my cup of tea.  Empyrion: Galactic Survival still has my attention. A tough but fun crafting/survival game.