Point of Attack 2 and Tigers Unleashed

Started by RyanE, August 14, 2016, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asid

Quote from: RyanE on August 16, 2016, 11:34:05 AM
This first post especially seems like you are trying to sell it.  It looks like an advert from the developer...

http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1273.0.html

Really Ryan? Really?

If you take the time to look at the majority of my introductory posts. They are the same. I like to be informative and give as much info as possible.

You obviously have an issue here. I have nothing to prove or justify. So i will leave you to your little conspiracy theory  ::)

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

RyanE

I would have no issue if when you put up a company's marketing/ad material you actually stated the issues that other customers had and that were pretty universal.  Just putting up an ad and then a year-long drawn out strings of "its coming any day now."

Try to be a little objective here.  Look at your posts.  Nowhere does it state the issues people have had with a 13 year old engine.  Why did you suddenly start that thread?  There was no real news to be had in it.  No patch, no new content, etc.  So over a year after we had gotten the last bit of news, you suddenly created a thread that is basically an ad for a game that universally was considered broken.

Maybe you got a beta from your relationship with HPS.  Maybe you got excited about it.  So you put up what is basically an ad for the game.  Its all well in good to get excited like that from something no one else can see.  But expect someone to push back and say, "Hey, wait a minute".  If only one person spends $60 on that engine at this point, its your fault.

RyanE

Asid

Sigh....  ::)

I have had the game for a long time. I wanted to play them again. I looked for updates. There were none. I emailed the dev and he gave me a patch. Anyone can get the patch. Try it. Email the dev. Is this the way things should be? NO.

As for my posts. I have again. Look at my posts. I like to be complete. An intro + links. I am not trying to sell anything. It is the way I post.

You have an axe to grind. Go grind it with the dev. I only made the posts because I wanted to tell folks that patches were coming. I have my own free will and mind.

In your link. Look at the link i posted "click here". It is info i have and am sharing. I think you need to realise that there is no ulterior/sinister motive.

Keep on arguing and trying to prove a point which does not exist. I will not be your sparring partner.

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

RyanE

You're missing my point.  Again, I have no issue with handing out information on a game.  Its great you have gotten to the dev.  But be honest with people reading your posts.  There is very little positive mojo for the POA engine in the wargamer market.  When you only post the positive marketing stuff from the dev and then go on a slow crawl of announcing the devs are ready for an update, it makes you look like a schill for the dev.

There is no way you don't know all the bad stuff that has happened with this game and engine.  Please tell me you know.  You obviously saw the posts on gamesquad.  Yet you only post a rosy picture on your thread.  How can you do that?  You realize there is no demo.  How is someone new to the market supposed to know that what you are putting out there is a promise right now and only a thin veneer over what is underneath?  This isn't some unknown new game.  It has a very long and sordid history that is only documented on some obscure old forums.  Did you read what Navman76 said in one of the gamesquad threads?  How he said he was just like you in 2014.  In fact, when I went back and looked at that thread, I thought maybe you had used the Navman76 name as your handle on gamesquad.  But then I noticed the date was 2014.  You realize you and he are virtual HPS twins right.  Do you see how much of a fool Scott made him look like?  In 2018, will there be another Asid/Namman76 in 2018?

So back to reality...from the time you said there was going to be a public beta, how long has it been?

RyanE

So I did the work for you...

Even if I discount you stating the update would be available soon in Dec. 2015, in April 2016 you said two weeks.  I see no update.  You are being played and people following you are being played through you.  Whether you are employed by HPS or not, you have taken on Navman76's mantle of surrogate.

btw, this isn't about scoring some stupis sparring contest on a wargamer forum.  This is about being fair to other wargamers.  One thing that drives me crazy is posts that paint a rosy picture of a game when the poster knows there are significant issues.  I have been sucked into many purchase by threads where either the poster was uninformed, careless, or had a hidden agenda.  (I know, I know, that's 99% of the forum posts on the internet)

RyanE

I also noticed that for the first time in your thread, you acknowledged the history and previous issues with the game.  Almost exactly 12 hours after the first exchanges on this thread started.

http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1273.msg11690.html#msg11690

Note that post at 7PM on August 14.  This thread started at 7AM eastern time.  Huh...I wonder what motivated you to do that?

My mission is partially complete.

RyanE

I see the patch has finally been released.  Its still a beta test.  Amusingly, the caveat on the patch is if crashes and lockups bother you, don't play it.  I don't remember the original saying that and it should have.

Only what...five months late.  And that was late from a game release over three years ago on an engine that was released 14 years ago.  Sheesh.  Talk about reliving history over and over again.

Jarhead0331

RyanE...please tone it down. You're throwing around a lot of accusations. There is no reason for any hostility here.

Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RyanE

OK, its been six months since some kind of "imminent" beta release was discussed for Tigers Unleashed.  Did that ever come out?  I saw nothing useful on the HPS site.  Has any of the optimism faded? 

Zulu1966

Quote from: RyanE on March 17, 2017, 09:49:46 PM
OK, its been six months since some kind of "imminent" beta release was discussed for Tigers Unleashed.  Did that ever come out?  I saw nothing useful on the HPS site.  Has any of the optimism faded?

I gave up on this game years ago. A bit like going to a restaurant and having a shit meal. I got over it. I dont get why you are so angry.It likely cost less than the experience I mentioned and yet I dont go firebomb the place - just dont go there again.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

RyanE

I got $120 invested in the games.  Spent years working with the dev to get some semblance of playability.  Had moved on until I started seeing people trying to hype it up again because of some supposed beta update.  Went through this several times already.  I am just trying to figure out where its going and make sure potential customers finally see the street of broken promises this game is built on.

If this was some kind of new company's kickstarter for $30, there would be unmitigated outrage on this board.  Instead, I see HPS being given a significant pass for failing to deliver a working product, in fact two working products.  Just in the last year there have been a series of promise after promise on TU that haven't been delivered.  That's not even counting POA2.  This story is counted in decades, not just years.  The focus has been on a couple people yelling at each other and instead it should be on a game company imploding.

Its not anger as much as frustration that I thought this game was dead and everyone knew the story on it.  And then suddenly someone pops up singing the game's praises and promising to deliver a new beta update that fixes everything.  If one of this boards main functions is not for customers to inform customers whats going on with wargames then I am on the wrong board.  Part of that is closure.  When a debate on a game happens and it is something that will take time to see what happens, we should revisit it periodically.

RyanE

JUst saw this when doing a search...

http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.uk/2016/12/tigers-unleashed-its-been-long-hard.html

So it looks like the enjoyment this game brings is beta testing.  And even this was four months ago.

Zulu1966

Quote from: RyanE on March 18, 2017, 08:28:37 AM
I got $120 invested in the games.  Spent years working with the dev to get some semblance of playability.  Had moved on until I started seeing people trying to hype it up again because of some supposed beta update.  Went through this several times already.  I am just trying to figure out where its going and make sure potential customers finally see the street of broken promises this game is built on.

If this was some kind of new company's kickstarter for $30, there would be unmitigated outrage on this board.  Instead, I see HPS being given a significant pass for failing to deliver a working product, in fact two working products.  Just in the last year there have been a series of promise after promise on TU that haven't been delivered.  That's not even counting POA2.  This story is counted in decades, not just years.  The focus has been on a couple people yelling at each other and instead it should be on a game company imploding.

Its not anger as much as frustration that I thought this game was dead and everyone knew the story on it.  And then suddenly someone pops up singing the game's praises and promising to deliver a new beta update that fixes everything.  If one of this boards main functions is not for customers to inform customers whats going on with wargames then I am on the wrong board.  Part of that is closure.  When a debate on a game happens and it is something that will take time to see what happens, we should revisit it periodically.

Well I think its exactly the same thing at matrix and that POS they released called world in flames. They are still selling the thing and it patently doesnt work and never has. I tend to take the view that if microsoft sold me software that didnt work I would be spitting feathers - but we are dealing with small wargames living at the edge of any notion of profitability and things just aint worked out as intended. Some do some dont - but its no use pretending something like YU is a candidate for some kind of class action suit. Some guy tried to do something. I paid some money to help him. It didnt work out. C'est la vie.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.