How about a Savage Worlds Play by Post game?

Started by Double Deuce, August 07, 2016, 12:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

Anyone know of a good Play by Post forum for a Savage Worlds game? I have not been able to find one where the forum's die roller supports exploding dice which makes it really inconvenient.

Test Drive Rules > https://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWcore/TD06.pdf

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Double Deuce on August 07, 2016, 12:48:26 AMI have not been able to find one where the forum's die roller supports exploding dice which makes it really inconvenient.

do ours not?  You might have to do ours on subsequent posts - i.e., roll d6 on this post; if it's a 6 then roll the 'exploded' die in the next post
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Double Deuce

I will have to doublecheck. Thought it was just a d6 only roller.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Double Deuce

This is just a test.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Double Deuce

This dice roll has been tampered with! < Editing the format to see if it worked
Freezing 1d10 : 3, total 3
Fire 1d20 : 14, total 14

Double Deuce

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 08, 2016, 10:03:12 PM
Quote from: Double Deuce on August 07, 2016, 12:48:26 AMI have not been able to find one where the forum's die roller supports exploding dice which makes it really inconvenient.

do ours not?  You might have to do ours on subsequent posts - i.e., roll d6 on this post; if it's a 6 then roll the 'exploded' die in the next post

Yeah, thinking it should work. With PC's and 'Wild Cards' they can roll their normal Skill Die and the the d6 Wild Die sorta like this . . .

This dice roll has been tampered with! < LOL, gonna take a little practice to get the formatting down.
Fighting-ShortSword 1d8 : 7, total 7
Wild Die 1d6 : 2, total 2
and then if any explode, roll that same Die type again and so on as needed.

Nefaro

Just curious - you looking for any specific Savage Worlds settings?

Double Deuce

Most likely a homebrew but it will be a fantasy setting. I've never played Savage Worlds before and am wanting to do something short so I can walk through the steps before running a game in Fantasy Grounds. It would be a leaning experience for me and anyone that might want to try that system out.

I'm thinking the group is off to recover a relic from an old grave site that was hidden until recently before the 'enemy' can get it.

bbmike

I was looking at Play by Post games on other sites. I think it would work here. You might have to start subforums (one for play, one for 'out of character' talk) but you could probably work around that.

Especially if we ever added the Spoiler tag option to our posts.  ^-^
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Double Deuce

Yeah, will need a couple threads at least. Hopefully it can be kept to a minimum.

Double Deuce

It will be set in Harn, so if you are familiar with that setting, some of this will make sense.

Basically, the Jarin (i.e. Celts) are the locals and have lived here for thousands of years but they have been ruled by several Ivinian Clans (i.e. Vikings) for the last generation or so. The terrain is mountainous and similar to Norway (fjords etc).  Recently, heavy rain washed away part of a  hillside on an island just off the coast somewhere yet to be determined and exposed an ancient burial chamber of some Jarin bigwig.

According to the local shamen, for the Jarin, recovering artifact(s) from that grave will be a sign for them to mount another uprising and drive the Ivinians out of their lands for good.

The Ivinians obviously want to prevent their recovery and either bury them somewhere else or destroy them. If all else fails they could just dump them in the sea somewhere.

The above is just a general idea of what I would like to run, with enough interest. I'm planning it be fairly short and with an obvious end point. Then, if people want to continue we can do that too but I would try to run in in small chapters that can be finished and not left to die on the vine as many PbP are apt to do.   

bbmike

Dammit Carl! will probably want to play as a yeoman shamen-with-a-horrible-drinking-problem.  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Double Deuce

There will be a custom pantheon (Harn) and we will use converted HarnMaster spells, NOT the magic or rituals from Savage Worlds but, I'm still working out the details on those. We'll use standard Savage Worlds Character creation and you will also choose from an appropriate background which will give you a couple extra skills. Whether you are Jarin or Ivinian will be based on group concensus although there could be a Jarin or 2 in the Ivinian group, 'friggen traitors'.   8)

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: bbmike on August 09, 2016, 08:20:46 AM
Dammit Carl! will probably want to play as a yeoman shamen-with-a-horrible-drinking-problem.  ;D

There is magic in alcohol, duh.