Main Menu

10th Avenue FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, July 29, 2016, 05:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Took most of the beginning of the week watching videos of how to get better at Monarch difficulty in Civ.  I've played one game which was a dud and now I am in the middle of another that pits me, De Gaulle, against Mao Zedong and Suleiman on the same continent.  I am playing in a way I never would have thought and it's the most 'one more turn,' than I have experienced in a long time.  Can't wait to get home tonight and play some more.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Well Rimworld has truly and totally grabbed my attention. I have not loaded up anything else in the past week so that will continue to be the case I think
Insert witty comment here.

tgb

I've got a couple of Twilight Struggle games going, but mostly it'll be an Early Access weekend spent with Epic Manager and Pocket Space Empire.

Jarhead0331

^how do you feel about pocket space empire? I got nervous during early access when a lot of the updates included removing features in order to make an already pretty simple game more simple.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Welp, after a disasterous meeting with the next husband my Mom is going to have (#3 and counting), all I got is booze and ARMA on my mind.

Or, I'll just play murdermans on any host of zombie sandboxy games I've got - i.e. DayZ, etc. - and just be dickish in general.

Barthheart

No gaming until Sunday as I'll be at a friend's cottage starting tonight. So nothing but beer tomorrow.  O0

Then my two weeks of vacation start!  :D

Plenty of yard work to do.
VASSAL work to catch up on.
Sitting next to the pool drinking beer and painting minis.

And lots a gaming both PC and board.

8)

mirth

Minis gaming tonight and tomorrow.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Continuing my Attila TW campaign as Aksum and maybe some Ryse. Battlefleet Gothic has been whispering to me from across the room as well...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 29, 2016, 06:58:02 AM
Welp, after a disasterous meeting with the next husband my Mom is going to have (#3 and counting), all I got is booze and ARMA on my mind.

Or, I'll just play murdermans on any host of zombie sandboxy games I've got - i.e. DayZ, etc. - and just be dickish in general.
Want to really be a dick pick up any of the COD games and just TK the whole time  >:D
Insert witty comment here.

Kushan

More work and CMANO scenario editing for me. Would like to play some Elite and Stellaris but it's not likely given my work schedule.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: jamus34 on July 29, 2016, 07:52:03 AM
Want to really be a dick pick up any of the COD games and just TK the whole time  >:D

Hmmm...that idea does have merit too.

JasonPratt

The new Telltale Batman game will release August 1, and I've been messing around a little with the start of the Arkham Knight campaign again while I'm waiting. (I enjoy that series so much! -- and despite its PC port being unoptimized and unable to function up to spec graphically, Knight is the best of the group. Besides, I've never played the campaign with all the in-game extra missions included.)

Still pushing my way through my first play of the original Company of Heroes Normandy campaign -- got Cherbourg done last night; now time for a V2 rocket site which promises to change gears. If possibly I'd like to get some CoH2 teamplay going over the weekend.

The new "Primitive + " official total conversion DLC for Ark: Survival Evolved looks like it'll be great once the bugs are ironed out; which reminds me I want to try getting into that game again. (The main game is more epic in some ways, ramping up from practically nothing to sci-fi weapons; the Primitive+ mod keeps things more grounded in what real people might be able to accomplish, and also focuses on creating a semi-medieval economy on servers with a large population.)

Might go back to Battlefleet: Gothic for another mission or two. I don't understand why I haven't been able to get into that game at all.

Might try to pay attention enough during the Man-O-War Corsair opening missions to save the dang game so if/when I die I don't have to restart from scratch! -- but it's still a bit unfinished although advancing.

Might try to expand my Fortresscraft base into making the next tier of equipment, and solving a bug-fix which means my coal furnace won't work at the depth I planted it anymore.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

DoctorQuest

Going to the Offutt AFB Open House Saturday with the daughter. Going to see Star Trek Beyond on Sunday with the son.

Probably not much gaming this weekend.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

tgb

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 29, 2016, 06:50:24 AM
^how do you feel about pocket space empire? I got nervous during early access when a lot of the updates included removing features in order to make an already pretty simple game more simple.

I haven't really tackled it yet.  I had it sitting in my backlog and forgotten all about it until poking around for something space-y to play.  I watched a couple of videos, including yours, but won't actually sit down with it until sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

Sir Slash

American Civil War 2 if I get the time, where the USS Patapsco stood-in for the USS Monitor vs the CSS Virginia. Don't know why this was a Union Victory, we lost more of everything but I'll take it. I got 2 more Monitor Class ironclads close by so we'll see how the Virginia fares against all three.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.