WWII in Europe Update

Started by solops, July 28, 2016, 08:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

The v1.08 beta exe and 5 new/updated scenarios are now available to download!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

GJK

Perhaps a hint of what game you're talking about here...?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Wolfe1759

It's in the title - WWII in Europe  :)

solops - I've copied the WWIIE.exe across to my install (and added the new scenarios) but the version number is still 1.07, is this right or have I done something wrong?
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Asid

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on July 28, 2016, 04:59:15 PM

solops - I've copied the WWIIE.exe across to my install (and added the new scenarios) but the version number is still 1.07, is this right or have I done something wrong?

Update: Click Here
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Asid on July 28, 2016, 05:28:09 PM
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on July 28, 2016, 04:59:15 PM

Update: Click Here

Cheers
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

GJK

Thanks because googling for "WWII in Europe game" returned about a gazillion hits.  Not that it matters much I suppose but there is a folder for all things Schwerpunkt ya' know.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Wolfe1759

Quote from: GJK on July 28, 2016, 06:32:36 PM
Thanks because googling for "WWII in Europe game" returned about a gazillion hits.  Not that it matters much I suppose but there is a folder for all things Schwerpunkt ya' know.

Fair point and I'll correct myself, the actual name of the game is World War II Europe / WWII Europe - no "in" in the title.

solops

My bad. I was afraid there might be some confusion. I just could not remember how to spell "Swerpunk"  :)

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

Grim.Reaper

Is this game complete yet?  Recall this one supposed to be done years ago and then appeared to slowly introduce all the scenarios instead.

solops

Sure, I suppose so. It is as far as I am concerned. The developer continues to improve the game with patches. And he has finished 72 of the 102 scenarios he plans to eventually have. I don't know of any other games that come with 72 scenarios. TOAW4 might, but it is decades old and on its 4th iteration.

solops

This is a better thread for this news:
WWII Europe has a new update, v1.0.11
Fixes, improvements and 5 new scenarios. That's 85 of the planned 102 scenarios.

http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,6960.0.html?PHPSESSID=e01c1c60b2050916c386a998221b0114

Geezer

Game looks interesting.  Anyone know if there is an opponent turn replay you can watch when playing by email?
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

smittyohio

Quote from: Geezer on January 09, 2019, 03:29:07 PM
Game looks interesting.  Anyone know if there is an opponent turn replay you can watch when playing by email?

I don't know why there would be one with email... you don't even get to watch your opponent's moves when playing solo.   I really want to like this game, but the UI is just so frustrating.  I'm fine with the way you issue orders and such, it's just that you get so little feedback on why something isn't enabled, and scrolling is just painful.