Making History franchise sold to Factus Games

Started by steve58, July 27, 2016, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

When the heck (in 2016) did this happen??  ???  Never heard of Factus Games....

Making History was the first product released by Muzzy Lane, designed to supplement history classes in high school and college. It is a comprehensive world simulation, where players role-play national leaders and set the strategy for their nation, including all decisions regarding the economy, the military, diplomacy and trade, and potential domestic unrest.

In 2016, the Making History franchise was sold to Factus Games.

http://www.muzzylane.com/products/making-history/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Interesting....never heard it either nor have I heard of factus games

Greybriar

Factus Games has a website, but there's nothing in the About section except their logo and the words "Historical Strategy Game Studio" and the only games in its Games section is the Making History games.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Grim.Reaper

Found some info that basically indicates the game series was sold to one of its original designers who is the owner of Factus games.  Seems like they still figuring out how to really support it after the transition.  In another place saw that muzzy lane itself wanted to focus just on their educational software so I am guessing that is why it was sold.

Staggerwing

Makes sense. It's more of a spin-off than anything.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Ian C

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 28, 2016, 05:22:12 AM
Found some info that basically indicates the game series was sold to one of its original designers who is the owner of Factus games. 

Not sure if it's my place to expand further but yes, Correct.

I've worked for Muzzy Lane as a freelancer and heard about this from high up a while back. I wish the Factus team the best of fortune and can't wait to see what they have lined up.

steve58

Seems I remember that Muzzy Lane was planning on going to go back to WWII for their next game and then do one set in the Cold War era.   Wonder if that roadmap still holds...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MuzzyDev

Hey All,

Yes, the series was sold to our former art director Ralph Gerth, who left to start his own company after we turned our focus to creating game-based tools for education.  He's working on a WWII game right now.  No details about it on the Factus site yet other than it's aimed at a winter release.

This is a great move for the MH series, as we had to pull more and more of our Muzzy Lane team onto building our authoring tools. leaving MH in just a maintenance level.  Nobody knows this game design better than Ralph, and I think you can expect some cool stuff coming in the future.

Chris--
Chris Parsons
Product Manager, Muzzy Lane

steve58

Nefaro

steve58

Factus has launched/updated their new website.  Got this in an email today.

You are invited to join the newly launched official website dedicated to the Making History series. Ever since Factus Games purchased the rights to develop and publish Making History, we've been planning to create a replacement for the old Making History Gaming Headquarters. It's finally here.

Get the latest news and updates about our current games and future titles. Reconnect with former GHQ members on the Forum and help us build a community of players who enjoy Making History games. There's also an online store where we sell our games direct to the consumer. Steam or the general license CD keys are available. Special sale prices and discount offerings will be announced to all members who subscribe to the monthly newsletter.

Learn more about the upcoming release of the newest Making History game.

Slick Wilhelm

Huh, hope this new "Making History:The Second World War" is the best in the series. Thanks for posing this, Steve.