Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Started by Tpek, July 26, 2016, 12:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Has now been re-made (alongside its sequel) and released for PC and next gen consoles!!!
w00t!!!!!!!!  :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/433300/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/433320/

mirth

That's cool, but I wish they'd do a completely new one.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tpek

Well, MUA2 never came out for PC (before).

Plus, there have been rumors (for years now) that MUA3 is in the works, and until today I never took them seriously.

mirth

Quote from: Tpek on July 26, 2016, 12:26:00 PM
Plus, there have been rumors (for years now) that MUA3 is in the works, and until today I never took them seriously.

True. At least there's some hope for MUA3 now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Nefaro

Holy testicle tuesdays Batman!  They're quite proud of these old games, judging by the price.  :o

Definitely want, but they're gonna have to hit a sale before I get 'em.

mirth

The used console versions are pricey too. I think MUA2 for 360 cost me $20-$25 a few months ago. Great games though.

jamus34

Quote from: Nefaro on July 26, 2016, 12:33:22 PM
Holy testicle tuesdays Batman!  They're quite proud of these old games, judging by the price.  :o

Definitely want, but they're gonna have to hit a sale before I get 'em.

Agreed 100% I never played the second one but played the hell out of the first. That said I won't post more than 20 for the set
Insert witty comment here.

jamus34

Reviews are apparently slamming it too as a crap port...controls all broke.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

That's too bad. Hard to imagine screwing up the controls for such simple games.

Tpek

Quote from: jamus34 on July 26, 2016, 05:06:56 PM
Reviews are apparently slamming it too as a crap port...controls all broke.

Most of those reviews seem to be from people who just want to bash the game due to its price (as in, not being free
with a customary BJ). Abusing Steam's crappy buy/review/refund system.

JasonPratt

No, I think there's enough smoke to indicate fire. The problems between the two ports seem significantly different. That the publishers are charging so much would be an insult on top of injury.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on July 27, 2016, 12:21:03 AM
(as in, not being free with a customary BJ).

Daaaaaaammmmmn! Where do I sign up?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 27, 2016, 05:37:07 AM
No, I think there's enough smoke to indicate fire. The problems between the two ports seem significantly different. That the publishers are charging so much would be an insult on top of injury.

I've been reading reports that the first one also doesn't include the expansion content, but #2 does. 

Wonder if they'll resolve some of the complaints, or just leave it as a quick & dirty port job.  At the price they're asking, I hope the control scheme isn't too bad.

Nefaro

I don't normally watch his videos, but saw this vid regarding some of the port complaints..

That mouse & keyboard system looks terrible.  As if whomever did it had never played an action-rpg on the PC before, and has no clue as to the tried & true.    :-\

Tpek

The PC version is pretty much a direct port of the new console version.

However, even the original MUA had these terrible controls.

It's sad that they never bothered to actually adjust the game for the PC, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me.