Main Menu

Hey its Friday!!

Started by paplan, July 22, 2016, 01:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paplan

Still not sure I'm doing this right.  But I'm trying.

Just woke up, I'm going to Camp Lejeune to visit my boy in the 3-6.  Also known as the Teufelhunden (Devil Dogs).

I think the rules are I'm to put a Friday song that Metaldog will like, and wknd games I'll be playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcZwiVbZ4Kw

I'll be on the road mostly, but on Sunday night it'll be:

Civ V
Stellaris
Ultimate General Gettysburg

Anguille

There are a few games i would like to play this weekend:

- Grand Ages Rome: playing the last map of the campaign "Reign of Augustus" with my kids. The game will stay on HD for a very long time too.
- Some Imperium Romanum or Imperium Civitas
- Master of Orion 4 ...EA6 has just been released.
- Horizon

Now...as i am finishing the campaign in Grand Ages Rome, i am thinking about the next "City-Builder" game i am going to play, so let's hear what you guys suggest....my current options: Tropico III, Crookz, Stronghold III, Caesar IV, Space Colony or Anno 1701. I already played the first mission (economic campaign) of Stronghold III but am not convinced by the engine (the good gameplay is still the same however as in the other games)...i know Simon Bradbury admitted they made a mistake when they chose that specific engine.

pbem:
- Field of Glory (if Boggit plays his turn  ;))
- Armada 2526

Crossroads

Purchased the Order of Battle WW2: Winter War yesterday. Haven't got a chance to try it out yet, so looking forward to give it a spin this weekend. CS:Middle East PBEM vs Berto should see another turn this weekend too  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

MetalDog

Quote from: paplan on July 22, 2016, 01:13:28 AM
Still not sure I'm doing this right.  But I'm trying.

Just woke up, I'm going to Camp Lejeune to visit my boy in the 3-6.  Also known as the Teufelhunden (Devil Dogs).

I think the rules are I'm to put a Friday song that Metaldog will like, and wknd games I'll be playing.

I'll be on the road mostly, but on Sunday night it'll be:

Civ V
Stellaris
Ultimate General Gettysburg

It sure is nice of you to try and put a song I like.  Although, the "rules," are, no Bon Jovi songs, Friday should be used as part of a song lyric in the title, and FRIDAY should be all caps, the fact that you want to start a weekend thread just means it's working :)

Been spending time this week at civfanatics.com trying to learn how to be a better Civ player.  I keep getting my ass handed to me and I am tired of it.  So, any game time this weekend will most likely be spent trying to put into practice the things I learn.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

After busting my ass driving a computer from 0700ish to 2200ish all week (so far) because of various and sundry engineering projects, I'm going to shoot people in ARMA and its going to feel pretty damn good if I can get to a good stopping point today.

Barthheart

Quote from: MetalDog on July 22, 2016, 05:58:06 AM
Been spending time this week at civfanatics.com trying to learn how to be a better Civ player.  I keep getting my ass handed to me and I am tired of it.  So, any game time this weekend will most likely be spent trying to put into practice the things I learn.

BAH! Those cretins at civfanatics just take all the fun out of the game by gaming the system. Just play as you do and you'll get better or learn the "system". I like playing Civ for the fun of the playing, don't really care if I win. I just like to see the sweep of history and explore the maps.

VASSAL work, maybe some Stellaris or CiV, can't wait fer Civ VI to come out!

Maybe some solo boardgaming, have OST and The War setup on my table... just need to sit down and learn the rules.

Have really gotten into painting my Recon minis lately. Had to re-learn my brush techniques as it's been better than 30 years since I painted anything smaller than a wall. I have to use magnifying reading glasses to do it as well.  :P

And there's always yard work.

bbmike

...I think the rules are I'm to put a Friday song that Metaldog will like...

One day I want to see the complete list of the Groghead rules.  ::)

This weekend will be mostly Rimworld. I don't think a game has captured my attention like this in quite a while. I may try to play something else if my colonists die again. Maybe even throw some dice with a real board game if I can avoid the catpocalypse.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

I have no idea. I'm still occasionally installing something on my new rig and trying it out, and still amazed with how fast it loads, how well it runs, and how quickly it goes back to the desktop upon exiting.

My son is in camp this week - he's a counselor at a religious camp for disabled kids. He's not religious, but he goes to a Catholic school, and he needs 100 volunteer hours for his senior year next year, so this camp is fitting the bill. My wife and I are both eager to hear from him how it went. Most of our Saturday is going to be spent already. But I really want to get back to my Silent Victory AAR, and try installing my saved games from Pool of Radiance and other games off of the old rig, to continue my AARs (including Twilight Struggle).

Ubercat

Will be playing in the Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage tournament tomorrow if I get to WBC in time to sign in and get my badge before it starts. After that (assuming that my relative newby ass gets eliminated in the first game or 2  ;D) I'll wander over to the monster war games room and see what/if any giant games are in progress or still being set up. Sunday I'll probably play Virgin Queen if no monster game has sucked me in.

A good part of Monday will be taken up by the Sekigahara tournament and I have a 4 player Andean Abyss game scheduled for Tuesday. (but now I've wandered beyond the weekend.) You guys are awesome  O0 and I'd love to meet you, but THIS is why I never make it to Origins!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

undercovergeek

I think the rules are I'm to put a Friday song that Metaldog will hate, particularly Bon Jovi and other big hair metal bands, preferrably with a pun in the title

all fixed - this will set his weekend on fire!!

Gusington

Well done 'Geek.

I will continue my Attila TW campaign as Aksum. Great campaign - unique, fun and challenging. But after a while it wears down on my remaining brain cell. To alleviate that I may fire up Ryse to just chill and relax. Wasteland 2 also beckons.

Additionally The Wife and MiniGusses will be away in Georgia for a week starting Sunday! The only negative there is that I to drive them to the airport at 4am this Sunday. But rejoice with me anyway!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

freeeddooommmmmm

Nice Gus.

Bit of Totalwarhammer and then not sure about what else might try one of my many unplayed steam games.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on July 22, 2016, 08:44:07 AM
Well done 'Geek.

I will continue my Attila TW campaign as Aksum. Great campaign - unique, fun and challenging. But after a while it wears down on my remaining brain cell. To alleviate that I may fire up Ryse to just chill and relax. Wasteland 2 also beckons.

Additionally The Wife and MiniGusses will be away in Georgia for a week starting Sunday! The only negative there is that I to drive them to the airport at 4am this Sunday. But rejoice with me anyway!!

oh man, a week of walking round the house in underwear and not having to lock the bathroom door

GF is on a cruise in the med this week, ive found that whilst im fully ok with the underwear thing i still lock the bathroom door even though theres just me

bob48

The worlds in a bad enough state without you wondering around in yer underwear.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!