Battle Hymn of the Friday!

Started by Kushan, July 01, 2016, 02:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Independence Day weekend for us here in the states. I'm off from work all next week. Got some rooms that need painting in the house, a day trip out to cape flattery, and a trip up to the mountains for some shooting planned, and of course I'm going to go all out on fireworks on the 4th. On the gaming front I'm really excited to try out the new Stellaris patch. Probably going to be starting new MP and solo campaigns. For my solo campaign I plan on setting up a bunch of custom human races. My attempt and creating an Honor Harrington style campaign in Stellaris.

My new CMANO scenario is nearly finished and ready for testing. After that I plan to move onto a revision of my Cauldron Hunting Submarines scenario. When I first did that scenario, altitude overrides didn't work for submarines. So you always knew that a sub that was shallow was an SSBN and a submarine that was deep was an SSN. With the changes to the mission editor in the last few patches I can now mix it up a bit. As well as setting the French SSBNs to avoid contact.

To round out the week, their may be some Diablo 3, Elite, Steam and Iron, Cities Skyline, and/or Hearts of Iron IV. HoI IV just got a new patch but its the less likely to see any of my time. The game just hasn't grabbed me like the other Paradox titles. Still holding out hope it will eventually click with me.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Anguille

Great song!

Going to do some Field of Glory Multiplayer with Boggit  O0 and mostly Grand Ages: Rome campaign of Augustus.

That and the EURO 2016 with one match every night...

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tgb

HoI 4 and Steamworld Heist for me.  Also housecleaning and catching up on paperwork.

Dammit Carl!

As time permits, I've got plenty of Arma (and Arma flavored survival games) to go through. 

Happy 4th, folks!

jamus34

Can't see it on my phone but is this Manowar "Battle Hymn" perchance?

Excellent cheesy metal choice O0

This weekend will probably involve more Stellaris, HoI4, HotS and possibly some other games if I so feel like.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

Long weekend of counter clipping!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Continue my PoN USA campaign. It's currently early July, 1852 (turn 61 and 1620 turns remaining!) and I'm working on controlling the west. Elsewhere in the world, Russia has taken half of Sweden! I'm playing without the historical limits so things could get interesting.  8)
Not sure what else I'll play. I do need to continue my DToM AAR though.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on July 01, 2016, 07:46:39 AM
Long weekend of counter clipping!

Clip gently and don't break that Oregon Laminations Counter Clipper!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Raied

I think I will be jumping between the these new games I got, Rise of Prussia, Prison Architect, Vietnam 65 and Alea Jacta Est.

Rayfer

A golden-age of gaming right now for me....HoI4, Stellaris and my ongoing WitP:AE campaign.  And still haven't pulled the trigger on any of the Steam summer sale stuff....yet.

Barthheart

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 01, 2016, 06:28:44 AM
As time permits, I've got plenty of Arma (and Arma flavored survival games) to go through. 

Happy 4th, folks!

Possibly some gaming tonight.  Heros and Generals.  I got heavier bullets for my SVT, but I'm still too inexperienced to use grenades (though I can steal odds and ends and tanks and motorcycles etc.).  I may be a bad infantryman, but somehow I find it more fun than driving a tank.  I'm okay at spotting so I'm not completely useless and occasionally I shoot somebody, such as one German off his own tank after somebody hopped in and took it.   Oh the humanity.

AND THEN...family vacation!!!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Ubercat

How could you do that?!   ???

Wargaming just isn't fun if your sloppy, shaggy, counter corners aren't catching on each other and getting knocked all over so that you can't even tell what hexes they were supposed to be in!  :knuppel2:
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell