It's soothing, I tell you...soothing...

Started by Cyrano, June 29, 2016, 01:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on June 29, 2016, 05:17:24 PM

The great designers of the world have spent countless hours designing SQUARE counters for their games for you to enjoy and then you all go and deface they wonderful labours.

I be trimmin' that hairy ass bush.  They're not squares when they got more fuzz coming off them than a tree-hugging hippy's armpits after a long sit-down protest.  You're the square, dude!  :P

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

My wife has long recognized that the act of counter clipping is among my many autistic behaviors. It seems slightly more socially acceptable than rocking...

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Counter clipping is definitely one of my more socially acceptable behaviors.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

panzerde

Yes, but in the circles we travel in, that just makes us "charmingly eccentric." Right?

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on July 03, 2016, 12:55:11 PM
Yes, but in the circles we travel in, that just makes us "charmingly eccentric." Right?

That's what I tell myself.

Crossroads

As far as I am concerned, clipping counters is like crack cocaine. Once you inhale, you're hooked  :buck2:

(I know I would be, given how I need to have everything in pedantic order)

Instead, laminate your charts and tables to have all that warm feeling that is really required. I just bought my own laminating machine, earlier I had always sneaked into our firms mailing room in the wee morning hours to do my deeds there.

So, it's like weed, already legal in some states, and lots of good buzz to have   O0

The friendly humming of the laminating machine, the smell of hot plastic, ... Soothing! I tell you!

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

BanzaiCat

That does look good, admittedly...

As long as you don't put your cards into card sleeves, though...

GJK

A lamination machine along with my OL corner rounders were some of the best wargaming accessory purchases I've made. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

Hmm.

Okay, well, laminating I can see as being perfectly fine. Little baggies for cards, though...that just strikes me as weird.

mirth

Quote from: GJK on July 22, 2016, 11:08:46 AM
A lamination machine along with my OL corner rounders were some of the best wargaming accessory purchases I've made. 

What laminator did you buy? That could be the next purchase to feed my wargaming OCD.

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on July 22, 2016, 11:23:32 AM
Quote from: GJK on July 22, 2016, 11:08:46 AM

What laminator did you buy? That could be the next purchase to feed my wargaming OCD.

It was a no-brand 30 euro laminator from a local office shop. I was not planning to buy it, was in for something else. But when I saw the price I thought heck I will give it a go. Seems to do the job well enough.

Edit: here it is:

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GJK

Just a little Scotch brand laminator from Walmart for about $20.  Works just fine for laminating charts or cards (yes, I laminated all of the Personality Cards from "Up Front"):

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-2-Roller/17208765
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

I'll check that out. Thanks, GJK. I could use that for the Silent Victory charts.