Author Topic: 3D Printers  (Read 169 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
3D Printers
« on: August 06, 2018, 06:33:01 AM »
Does anybody here have a 3D printer, or at least worked with one? Iíve always been interested in the technology, and at various times, had planned on getting a fairly low budget one to tinker with. However, I never really researched the technology enough to make a reasoned decision.

I think Iím finally ready to make the jump and Iíve done a lot of research. Iíve narrowed it down to two or three models, but Iím having a lot of trouble making the final decision. The technology is so new and really, experimental, that I recognize that no matter which machine I get, Iím taking a chance...

So far, Iím looking very closely at the Dremel 3D45, the Craftbot3 or the Prusa Mk3. My budget is $1000 to $2000. The zmorph vx has also caught my eye. Itís a 3D printer, CNC mill and laser engraver, but with all the tool heads included, itís $4000! Way more than I want to spend for my first printer, but it can do so much more...

I guess Iím just looking for some experiences and impressions with this technology overall.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:07:55 AM by Jarhead0331 »
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline besilarius

• Landsknecht
  • ringmaster at circus amateur night
Re: 3D Printers
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 05:23:11 AM »
ďMost gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you donít find out until too late that heís been playing with two queens all alongĒ.  Terry Pratchett.

This is why there's no ice in Italy: The lady with the recipe died

Un cheval , un cheval , mon royaume pour un cheval

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." ó Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
Re: 3D Printers
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 06:36:08 AM »