Friday.....I Would Die For You

Started by JudgeDredd, April 29, 2016, 12:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I've kept the Prince theme going this week because he was a legend in the music industry and in my "formative" years extremely influential in opening my mind to all kinds of music.

A very unique sound, some fantastic guitar and piano playing (in fact he could play a plethora of instruments), superb showman and don't forget The Revolutions - a superb band. A great all rounder for the music industry.

Well, it's Captain America:Civil War tonight, so no gaming. Also, I'll be (hopefully) completing my Revell Su-27SM 1/72 scale model (a mix of being a pleasure and a bitch to make)...thread here if yer interested...
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15913.0

But - it is a long weekend, and I WILL do some gaming. F1 2015 is on my radar and I might even have a chance to fire up American Truck Simulator which I bought almost 2 weeks ago and have not been able to play yet.

I'm also meeting up with Bob and His Amazing Tash (virtually) and playing a Vassal game of Band of Brothers:Ghost Panzers
Alba gu' brath

Anguille

Another great song from Prince!

It seems that lately i always plan more than i can chew....kids, wife and falling asleep....

Anyway...here's the list of the games i would like to play: Grand Ages: Rome, Grand Ages: Medieval, Oriental Empires, Sengoku and Master of Orion.

vyshka

My gaming time will most likely be split between Diablo 3 with the new season starting, Offworld Trading Company, and Ashes of the Singularity.

Boggit

Quote from: Anguille on April 29, 2016, 01:57:17 AM

It seems that lately i always plan more than i can chew....kids, wife and falling asleep....

Anyway...here's the list of the games i would like to play: Grand Ages: Rome, Grand Ages: Medieval, Oriental Empires, Sengoku and Master of Orion.
You'll be able to indulge very soon - Sengoku is due imminently in early May. O0

I'm also waiting for Oriental Empires, which looks a bit like China 'Total War' on steroids. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Anguille

Quote from: Boggit on April 29, 2016, 06:08:06 AM
Quote from: Anguille on April 29, 2016, 01:57:17 AM

You'll be able to indulge very soon - Sengoku is due imminently in early May. O0

Cannot comment on Oriental Empires yet. NDA.

I'm also waiting for Oriental Empires, which looks a bit like China 'Total War' on steroids. :)

I wasn't talking about that Sengoku...but the one from Paradox.  ;)

I'll get the new Sengoku game as soon as it's released.  O0

Cannot comment on Oriental Empires yet. NDA.

Boggit

Quote from: Anguille on April 29, 2016, 06:11:53 AM
I wasn't talking about that Sengoku...but the one from Paradox.  ;)

I'll get the new Sengoku game as soon as it's released.  O0
Ahhh... :-[

I have Paradox' Sengoku, essentially a CK2 lite. It's a lot of fun. :)

It's been out a while now, so you should be able to pick it up in a sale.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

I'm finding that my weekend play schedule is increasingly dictated by whatever gets updated on steam.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Had the RPG itch come over me yesterday. Had Two Worlds 2 in my Steam library forever but had never played it. Started up a game and am enjoying it for what it is. Not the best RPG but still fun.

Barthheart

Still more VASSAL work.

Got the head for my Miata back from refurbishing so need to get to work on reinstalling that.

Discovered Vox Populis mod for CiV thanks to a Red Argo on this forum. WOW what a difference.... MD might even like it...

More PBEM with Jason, both DC3 and Twilight Struggle.

And spring has finally reached the Great White North so I've got to get started on the lawn and patio.

Gusington

Going to start Anno 1404 Venice (aka Dawn of Discovery). Hoping to be able to wrap my brain around it better than I did with Grand Ages-Medieval. Maybe some Pillars of Eternity too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

More Twilight Struggle vs Bart, and more struggling against the twilight vs Bart in DC3: Bartharolla. {insert smiley of German Baneblade crushing hapless Russians on foot and out of ammo here}

Might try getting back into Company of Heroes: I've never really been good at the mp, despite loving and being somewhat competent at Dawn of War (on which engine it's based, though granted the gameplay can be rather different). Relatedly, there's a good chance I'll be playing some Dawn of War: Soulstorm, mp and/or the Eldar campaign.

Also relatedly, there's a chance I'll be playing more of the 40K: Gothic Fleet campaign. As much as I love that game in theory, I'm having a hard time getting into the gameplay in practice. I can't put my finger on why.

Speaking of a game and gameplay I theoretically love but have a hard time getting into: re-started the Grand Ages: Medieval campaign after a few months off. I'm sorry to say I have never even gotten to the point where the campaign gets brutally hard yet!  :-[

The nieces might show up tomorrow, in which case Nicemus Prime will likely play some 7 Grand Steps, Hero of the Kingdom, A Day in the Woods,4 Elements 2, and/or a few other things. Theoretically I might get her, Microniece, and the Bro, into the computer version of Kings of Israel (which I gave the board game version to Bro at Christmas, but I don't think he's even tried to play it with the girls yet).

Last, and no doubt least, I've been plinging along at the Qinghai campaign for Victoria 2, using my patented gameplay-learning method of picking a nation near-or-at dead last in the list to work with so I can slowly get introduced to gameplay as the nation grows.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Thanks to a day of yesterday I got a real good start on my weekend gaming. Got in PS, SotS2 and HotS.

Looking to continue the trend and maybe add in some Stardew valley, DW:U and Age of Discovery nee Anno 1404

Oh and you officially suck JD, as I have to wait a week for Civil War
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on April 29, 2016, 07:03:56 AM
Still more VASSAL work.

I'm (as ever) working over events in France in 1944 -- mostly with Panzer Battles -- mostly with Bluecoat, where now the 2nd Household Cavalry is getting set to go put its 17 pdrs on some intersections.  In reality, the 17 pdrs sited at intersections came up with intelligence by ambush and in the case of Bluecoat gave the first indications that an SS Corps was shifting west to block them by knocking out some armored cars of a type that apparently only the SS used.

Boggit

I've been playing a lot of Endless Legend recently, so will probably do some of that. I also have some saved CM2 scenarios/campaigns to finish off.

Multi player, I've got some outstanding Field of Glory, and PzC: Sicily with Panzerde and Cyrano, and a Squad Battles: Gallipoli campaign outstanding with Cyrano. All good stuff! O0