Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar

Started by PanzersEast, April 28, 2016, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Falling Sky started shipping today, have to say this could be my favorite COIN game of all.  Really looking forward to this one. 

PE

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

PanzersEast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 28, 2016, 03:15:03 PM
you saw our interview with Volko, no?

I read it and thought it was excellent.  I believe the entire system is excellent and very tight.  I have noticed with each iteration it has gotten better and better.

As I write this, Volume VI is days from being delivered to players. Falling Sky offered me the joy of co-designing with my younger son, and Andrew and I are tickled with the gameplay and model of Gallic revolt against Caesar that we have come up with. The other day I got to play Falling Sky on a production set with my lovely wife and our two boys and I each taking a Faction. Now that was fun of a very special kind!

So if you have shy'd away from picking up a COIN game, you should not.  I play exclusively solo (and Vassal if possible - KUSHAN you reading this?) and the bot flow is pretty challenging and works very well in-spite of what you may think when you first look at the flow chart.

Nefaro

I've been debating picking this up in the next month or two, retail.  But so many Game$ I want in May!  :-\

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Kushan

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 28, 2016, 03:38:52 PM
So if you have shy'd away from picking up a COIN game, you should not.  I play exclusively solo (and Vassal if possible - KUSHAN you reading this?) and the bot flow is pretty challenging and works very well in-spite of what you may think when you first look at the flow chart.

So what if it took me a month to notice this. Defiantly up to play via Vassal. I've heard a lot of good things about the COIN games and looking forward to playing it for myself.

Still waiting on my copy to come in.... According to GMTs website it hasn't shipped yet.  :'(
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bayonetbrant

Enterprise Games will probably have a few at Origins
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ArizonaTank

Still waiting on my copy from GMT pre-order
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 20, 2016, 07:00:05 PM
Enterprise Games will probably have a few at Origins

Shhhh... don't let my wallet hear that..... :P

Kushan

Emailed GMT Tuesday night and got a shipping notice from them yesterday. My copy should be delivered by end of day tomorrow. Just in time for a theoretical long weekend.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play