Falling Stars: War of Empires Free Download Available

Started by Thrawn, April 28, 2016, 12:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrawn

Falling Stars: War of Empires is now released for Windows. Also available is the Windows Core Edition, Our Core Editions allows you to download and try the game for FREE  :D before deciding to purchase it.

You can find the Falling Stars: War of Empires Core Game Edition on our store link below.

http://store.lnlpublishing.com/falling-stars-war-of-empires-trial?search=Falling+Stars

You will need to have an account on our store to receive your download game. This is a different login then for the forum. You can make both logins the same name and password if you like. Mac, Linux, and iOS editions will be available soon. You may also purchase the game on Steam.

David

Huw the Poo

Yeah I saw this on the email you sent a couple of days ago and immediately added it to my wishlist.  It looks intriguing and I'll be checking it out very soon.  Splendid that you're supporting Linux! O0

Tpek

ArkisVir

The does not currently have hotseat support, but after we get through the first wave of launch enhancements, it's at the top of the list.  It is very easy to accomplish with how the game is currently setup.

bobarossa

The system requirements do not mention Steam but I see some things that imply it.  Is there a non-steam version of the game?

steve58

Interesting, just saw the price has been reduced to $19.99 minus a 10% off intro sale.  Gonna have to find some time to check out the demo this weekend.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/439960/announcements/detail/813274459573779076
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Thrawn

Falling Stars: War of Empires

The First Patch for Falling Stars: War of Empires is now available.  The free core edition will be updated tomorrow.

Patch 1 Updates [Released]
Thanks for all of the feedback so far! Here is what we are currently working on for the first patch. Some of the items might be in a separate patch, but these are the solutions that are on our plate.

Carrier usage enhancements. Allow the player to automatically select how many, and which type. of carriable they want to carry into a system upon moving into a system. This will eliminate the need to manually load carriables, and will also allow the player more tight control over where their carriables are going
Automatic dialogue to Barter/Conquer upon moving ground units into a neutral system. This will be able to be exited out of and saved for later in case you want to salvage your diplomatic relations
Show how many units are loaded into your carriers in the main overview UI

There are other enhancements that have been posted which are on our list, but I think in the beginning I want to keep patch times to 1 or 2 days so you can get quick feedback and responses from us. I will let everyone know when the patch is loaded

Update - Patch Released
Below are the fixes, and enhancements as part of patch 1

Added
Connecting...Failed to connect retrying... message to login page for better responsiveness
Ability to unload ground forces on systems with no planet
Transport carriable options when moving fleet
Battle coordinates will now highlight on hover and the ships can now be grabbed for moving by clicking the squares
Option to skip camera flyby at the start of a game by pressing escape
Automatic but optional conquer/barter choice when transporting ground units into a system you can capture
Indicator numbers of onboard fighters / ground units in carriers
Dotted line on hexes of systems you've bartered with

Fixed
A bug where carriers would slide down a bit when hovered over while trying to load carriables
Fighters being able to retreat from battle without the required tech
Camera flyby at the start of the new game now smoothly transitions back into overview
Slight jitter on camera flyby rotation
Tutorial panel obscuring the system info popup
Number fields next to sliders on move fleet screen they are now less glitchy
A bunch of potential graphical issues mostly related to changing resolution
A hexagon texture issue in multiplayer games)
Changed
Fog of war and hex edges more prominent
Ground units die at the end of each round if they're in a system with no planet and insufficient carrier capacity
Capturing a planet will now no longer leave one ground unit unloaded
Carriers will try to unload their carriables after traveling to better see how many units you have there
Barters have been rebalanced resulting in a triple buff in some cases.

We have also released Living Rules edition at the link below.
http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/falling-stars-war-of-empires-manual.137/

ArkisVir

tgb

Nice to see you guys lowered the price.  Not many developers would do that, and I applaud you.  That said, when will we see the demo version up on Steam?  I'd rather not have to go through the registration process and "purchase" it off your website.

Thrawn

We are not any publisher we are Lock 'n Load..... I always wanted to say that.....  :2funny:

Ok Patch 2 is out and here is what's in it.

Added
A new line on the battle result panel indicating when a victory point is gained
Acknowledgments in chat for gaining victory points through technology bartering and capturing planets

Fixed
Political agendas will no longer claim to give Victory Points when political VPs are disabled
When trying to move a single carrier the transfer options did not come up
A bug where barter options displayed numbers as if they were fractional (ie. 2.0 instead of 2)
The optional conquer / barter choice upon transporting ground units will no longer come up during an all-AI simulation
Sustained damage on ships were drawing black boxes around them
Dreadnaughts could not sustain more than one hit
Sometimes transporting carriables was blocked claiming insufficient carrying capacity despite there being enough
A bug where the button to initiate battle remained grayed out despite having a battle about to happen
AI could previously purchase technology they weren't supposed to be able to

Changed
Opacity of faded-out interface components reduced (to previous levels)
The victory point line on the political agenda screen will now be in relation of your vote not the colorfulness of the portraits above.

Enjoy

David

ArkisVir

Latest patch, 1.04 is out. Lots of fixes and tweaks, and also big enhancements in some key areas:

• Diplomacy of minor factions is more obvious now, which is key for understanding how to min/max barters
  • Barters themselves have been greatly improved to balance out with larger and smaller games. Now I imagine players will be barter ~half the time instead of conquering 100% of the time
  • AI will now fortify their planets with a ton of ground units so that they are difficult to take. Players were able to steal planets from the AI pretty easily before.
  • AI is much smarter about prioritizing conquering of planets. The routine was too focused on warfare before, which is what caused them to not conquer enough
  • UI has been greatly improved, especially with regards to the ship action panels.

These among other things made it into the patch. Enjoy!

Freyland

Since there hasn't been a lot of noise in this thread, I wanted to point out that I have bought the game and I look forward to playing it.  The manual and description have me very interested, and I appreciate the patching.  I cannot comment directly on the game, as a recent major release has first dibs on my limited game time.  I guess it says something positive that I bought Falling Stars knowing full well that I was obsessed with the upcoming release of Stellaris in the same time frame!

Anguille

The game is still on my Watch list.

One question i have...does it play well on touch screen? It would be nice to play while on the go with my Windows 8 tablet.

ArkisVir

Quote from: Freyland on May 11, 2016, 09:27:18 AM
Since there hasn't been a lot of noise in this thread, I wanted to point out that I have bought the game and I look forward to playing it.  The manual and description have me very interested, and I appreciate the patching.  I cannot comment directly on the game, as a recent major release has first dibs on my limited game time.  I guess it says something positive that I bought Falling Stars knowing full well that I was obsessed with the upcoming release of Stellaris in the same time frame!

Hey thanks for the comments, and it definitely does say something positive as a developer :) Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get your hands on it! In the meantime, we will just continue responding to player feedback, and implementing some more cool stuff as usual!