Main Menu

Green Man Gaming

Started by JudgeDredd, April 27, 2016, 01:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Just went to create an account for Green Man Gaming.

Put in my username, date of birth, email address and password and it came back with "Could not create account".
Tried again and it said "Username or email already in use".
So I selected Login and put my email and password and it said "Email or password incorrect"

So - apparently I have an account on Green Man Gaming that I cannot get access to - even though I literally, apparently, just created it with it reporting it errored!

I'll put money on me receiving freaking emails from them now though!  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

jamus34

Just an FYI I had a similar issue.

Had an account, tried to recover password and it wouldn't work. Turns out GMG site apparently does not like Firefox. Did it through Chrome and no issue.
Insert witty comment here.

Huw the Poo

Dredd, it sounds like you need to pick a different username.

Jamus, works fine on Firefox for me.

jamus34

Huw - when I tried to login with FF GMG would go to a page asking for my Livefyre (I think that's what it was called ) password. Which I had no clue what it was.
Did the password recovery in Chrome and it worked perfect the first time. That has been my experience at least YMMV
Insert witty comment here.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 27, 2016, 02:12:25 PM
Dredd, it sounds like you need to pick a different username.

Jamus, works fine on Firefox for me.
Well the first error never said anything about the username, but I did try another username anyway and it said my email address was already registered...but none of the details I literally just typed in (email/password/username) work

Seems like I now have a lockout as I cannot use the email address again.

I'm not fussed. It's just, as a developer, it's rather annoying when there's a never-ending technical "loop"
Alba gu' brath

Huw the Poo

Quote from: jamus34 on April 27, 2016, 02:28:09 PM
Huw - when I tried to login with FF GMG would go to a page asking for my Livefyre (I think that's what it was called ) password. Which I had no clue what it was.
Did the password recovery in Chrome and it worked perfect the first time. That has been my experience at least YMMV

That's odd.  Maybe because I'm using the Linux version of Firefox (which is the native version) but I've never had a problem on GMG.