Author Topic: Feedback on Twilight Struggle AAR  (Read 5166 times)

Offline Marty Ward

• Condottieri
Re: Feedback on Twilight Struggle AAR
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 08:50:22 PM »
Is this both a single player and multiplayer?

Yes.

Who sells it?  I don't see a link in the AAR.

I believe it's only through Steam.

Thanks. Price looks good and the reviews are positive. Might have to give it a try.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for walkie-talkies in 1809.....
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 04:22:25 AM »
Is this both a single player and multiplayer?

Yes.

Who sells it?  I don't see a link in the AAR.

I believe it's only through Steam.

Thanks. Price looks good and the reviews are positive. Might have to give it a try.

It's a fun interesting tense game. Be prepared to get creamed the first few games though. The mechanics are easy to pick up but the overall strategy takes a bit of work to figure out.
Well worth the effort though . Fantastic port of a board game. Great UI and great atmosphere.
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

I'm not a drunk, I'm just Canadian - Shawn Germain

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 09:21:27 AM »
The best port of a boardgame I've ever bought, and I'm including things like the Carcassone and Agricola and Stone Age and LeHavre ports. Those, and several others, are high bars.
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Silent Disapproval Robot

• Crossbowman
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 08:46:17 AM »
One of the keys to the game is getting familiar with the card decks.  I think it's something that really only comes with experience.  After having my ass handed to me a dozen or more times, I finally got a feel for the early war deck.  I'm moderately familiar with the mid war deck and non familiar at all with the late war deck as near every game I've played has ended by mid war. 

I bring this up as I see you're getting lured by the AI into dumping influence into Africa on turn 2.  Remember that in the early war turns, the only scoring cards are Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. 

Offline Marty Ward

• Condottieri
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 08:22:23 AM »
Damn this is one tough game.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!