Feedback on Twilight Struggle AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, April 17, 2016, 08:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

this one's coming fast-and-furious for the next few days...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Subscribed!  :D

(Note that this isn't the mp game I'm working on with Bartheart, but rather Banzai Cat's single player vs the AI. So potential buyers can get a good look at both kinds of play.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Couple of corrections.  Your starting influence cannot go anywhere in the world.  If you're playing as the US, you have to put your 7 points in Western Europe.  Remember that Turkey and Canada are included in Western Europe in this game.  If you're the USSR, your 6 points have to go into Eastern Europe.  Finland and Austria are counted in both western and eastern Europe.

You can only attempt the Space Race once per turn until you get far enough along the track that you're permitted to try twice.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cart, presumablyThis game can drive you mad as a newbie. A veteran player would clearly see the best possible path, while all I see are nothing BUT paths, like some homicidal Choose Your Own Adventure book with twenty page choices.

O0 :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 17, 2016, 10:29:39 PM
Couple of corrections.  Your starting influence cannot go anywhere in the world.  If you're playing as the US, you have to put your 7 points in Western Europe.  Remember that Turkey and Canada are included in Western Europe in this game.  If you're the USSR, your 6 points have to go into Eastern Europe.  Finland and Austria are counted in both western and eastern Europe.

You can only attempt the Space Race once per turn until you get far enough along the track that you're permitted to try twice.

I figured I'd misrepresent something at some point even though I felt certain I had it down. Thanks for the corrections, SDR!  O0

Silent Disapproval Robot

I screw up rules all the time.  It's my forte.

Regarding AAR, pt 3.  It's usually better to try for a coup than go for a realignment when the defcon situation allows for it.  You usually have a better chance at a coup, you get the military points you need, and if you try for a battleground state, you make it harder for your opponent to counter-coup.

BanzaiCat

Wish I could discuss Turn 2; I just submitted it to Brant, though, so I'll wait until those rounds get posted.

Barthheart

In part 6, just below the Asia Scoring scoreboard, you write:

QuoteI have a Presence in the Middle East, giving me +4 VP. However, he has Domination in the Middle East, giving him +9 VP. This is a net +3 VP for his Communist ideals. Add that to the +2 USSR VP that was already there and he now the Victory Track reflects +9 USSR VP.

Bad cold medicine? It was Asia Scoring not Middle east, 9-4 is 5 not 3, and the Commie final score is 7 not 9.  :idiot2:

Don't we have an editor....  ???

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

first week of AARs is now all up...  more coming on Sunday :)

Marty Ward

Is this both a single player and multiplayer?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Barthheart

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Barthheart