Huge Paradox Pack Sale!

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 27, 2012, 07:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Pretty stunning offer over at Amazon for the following pack, you get them all for only $12.49!  Too bad I own all the important ones already:(

Crusader Kings II
Magika Collection
Swords of the Stars Collection
Swords of the Stars II
Victoria II

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-41051dox-Package1-Plentiful/dp/B0085CD7BE/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_5_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1370327522&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1R4VK2VM0XDNARA59R5X

undercovergeek

its outstanding - however, not for the UK - booooooooooooo  :'( :'( :'(

Staggerwing

How is the Amazon digital service as far as patches and such go? Can one patch with the patched that Paradox releases for D/L or do you have to wait for a special one to be made just for Amazon? I also own Vicky2 and SOTS already and have little interest in the Magica games but I wouldn't mind having CK2 and SOTS2 for $13 I suppose I could 'gift' the others (assuming that Amazon has a gifting option).

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 27, 2012, 07:53:40 AM

I wonder if US customers could gift digital d/ls to the UK?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 27, 2012, 07:57:51 AM
How is the Amazon digital service as far as patches and such go? Can one patch with the patched that Paradox releases for D/L or do you have to wait for a special one to be made just for Amazon? I also own Vicky2 and SOTS already and have little interest in the Magica games but I wouldn't mind having CK2 and SOTS2 for $13 I suppose I could 'gift' the others (assuming that Amazon has a gifting option).

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 27, 2012, 07:53:40 AM

I wonder if US customers could gift digital d/ls to the UK?

I use Amazon all the time and for a lot of the games works just like Gamersgate where you download the setup files and install.  However, for CKII, I am pretty sure it is just a steam code since GG was the only outlet to have non-steam version.  Also, no special patches for Amazon versions, usually the same as digital downloads and for steam games patches are handled that way.

Staggerwing

Good to know. I might get the bundle after all. I checked the Amazon.uk site and it looks like there are no Game D/Ls whatsoever, thus no gifting.  :(

I wonder, what keeps UK customers from setting up a US account? All you would need is a US mailing address on the account. Does Amazon 'lock out' offshore ip addresses? Payment might be an issue if the CC# is foreign.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 27, 2012, 08:14:16 AM
Good to know. I might get the bundle after all. I checked the Amazon.uk site and it looks like there are no Game D/Ls whatsoever, thus no gifting.  :(

I wonder, what keeps UK customers from setting up a US account? All you would need is a US mailing address on the account. Does Amazon 'lock out' offshore ip addresses? Payment might be an issue if the CC# is foreign.

Not sure, but I have the same problem being from the US and trying to purchase good deals from companies like Get Games.  They have a lot of good sales, but the real good ones limited to Europe customers.  When you go to pay on that site, they know you are paying from US by your payment information and blocks you.  It's a shame that all avenues are not available to all customers globally.

Hartford688

Over at RPS they suggest using a U.S. billing address (fictional) works.

For example:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?21-PC-Bargains&p=135443&viewfull=1#post135443

Never tried it myself though - tempted, but somehow feels fishy.

In the Netherlands, we cannot get music downloads (UK or US), plus need to use the US Kindle store. Bah.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 27, 2012, 08:14:16 AM

thanks for looking SW - the RPS workaround looks very sinister - ill give it a miss - thats 2 CK2 deals ive missed out on - i can wait

MarkShot

Hmm ...

When I am overseas, I intend to use a VPN/Proxy Service (annual subscription) and retain some US based credit cards.  Thus, I'll still be able to US based shopping/services as if I am here.  The VPN/Proxy service will actually work in any country they have a server, but I still think you might have a problem with payments ... maybe with Paypal could you get around that?

This will cover me for things like Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, etc...

http://www.hidemyass.com/

eyebiter

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: eyebiter on May 27, 2012, 10:53:34 AM
Anyone in the US get this yet?  How do you download the games?  Any require Steam or do they all go through the Amazon download service?

If you click on each game in the bundle, you'll see most of them require steam account.  Only one that did not say that was Swords of the Stars 1 collection.  If they are not steam games, amazon uses a similiar system as Gamersgate where you download a small install file and then that downloads the full game setup files which you can then burn to disc or do whatever.  I think the process is great, just like gamersgate.  I am pretty sure CKII is steam since upon release the publisher said everywhere was steam, except for Gamersgate.

Bison

Quote from: MarkShot on May 27, 2012, 10:49:05 AM
Hmm ...

When I am overseas, I intend to use a VPN/Proxy Service (annual subscription) and retain some US based credit cards.  Thus, I'll still be able to US based shopping/services as if I am here.  The VPN/Proxy service will actually work in any country they have a server, but I still think you might have a problem with payments ... maybe with Paypal could you get around that?

This will cover me for things like Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, etc...

http://www.hidemyass.com/

Amazon you just need a US billing address I believe.  At least that's how it worked for me overseas.

Nefaro

Great price for all of those.  CK2, alone, is worth more than that!

Alas, I already own all of those except SOTS2.  And I'm in no hurry to get that one.  ;D

republic

I'm tempted to buy it just to try and get some friends to play a few of those titles multiplayer with me

Silent Disapproval Robot

Any of you Americans want to grab CKII for me and I'll re-pay you through Steam or Amazon gift cards?