Author Topic: Collectible Minis Games  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
Re: Collectible Minis Games
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
I almost broke down and picked up the Axis and Allies Angel 20 Starter Kit.  The only reason I didn't is because I've been looking at Wings of War (Glory) and the upcoming WW1 revised game.  I might still go back to the LGS and pick it up, but $35 seems a little steep to be honest for 6 planes and another $20 to get a booster with 3 random planes.

Sunflare

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 06:31:48 PM »
Bison, the starter for Angels 20 also comes with ALL the cards for the first set.  It makes it very easy to proxy with far more affordable planes and still have a great game.

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:25 AM »
OK Thanks Sunflare.  I'll need to reconsider purchasing it.

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Dougram
predates mechwarrior by about 6 years.

http://www.gamepile.com/details.php?id=73
Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:38 AM »
I spent a lot of time yesterday looking at Flames of War.  I'd like to get into a minis game, but I'm not sure FoW is the right one.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 06:45:03 AM »
I spent a lot of time yesterday looking at Flames of War.  I'd like to get into a minis game, but I'm not sure FoW is the right one.

What are you looking for? I play a few minis game, am a fairly recent newcomer to the genre, and may be able to help with recommendations.

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
LB can sure play with his mini.
Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »
LB can sure play with his mini.

Hey, dork: you're doing it wrong.