Author Topic: Just Bought an iPad Mini 3 - What Games do You Recommend?  (Read 3526 times)

Online bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
Re: Just Bought an iPad Mini 3 - What Games do You Recommend?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 04:30:15 PM »
No, Jason, seriously. Do you have any suggestions?  :2funny:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline BanzaiCat

• Arquebusier
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
Star Command is a fun little game with minor RPG elements set in space. I have it on my iPad.

Offline Ubercat

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
The Tiller stuff holds up fairly well.

What Tiller games have you tried on iPad? I was stunned that you can't even check possible destinations before moving your units because they didn't optimize memory usage on the platform for the necessary algorithms. Has that been an issue for you? It was a game breaker for me.
Numbers 31:17-18
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Online bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 06:42:16 AM »
The Tiller stuff holds up fairly well.

What Tiller games have you tried on iPad? I was stunned that you can't even check possible destinations before moving your units because they didn't optimize memory usage on the platform for the necessary algorithms. Has that been an issue for you? It was a game breaker for me.

Just the Civil War one. I agree that the interface isn't really good but from what I've played on the PC neither is it. But having said that, playing on the PC is certainly the better option.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline jomni

• Landsknecht
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 10:46:15 PM »
Pike and Shot
Exactly like the PC version (well minus the Campaigns).
Can't go wrong with skirmish and the community scenarios / mods which also is usable on the mobile device.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:48:48 PM by jomni »