Elite Dangerous - For Comparison

Started by Jarhead0331, January 17, 2016, 02:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Here is a 20 minute video I made of a simple bounty hunting flight I went on to show how quickly one can make real money doing this kind of work. In under 20 minutes, I made close to $500,000, and had some fun doing it too!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

#1
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 17, 2016, 02:38:12 PM
Here is a 20 minute video I made of a simple bounty hunting flight I went on to show how quickly one can make real money doing this kind of work. In under 20 minutes, I made close to $500,000, and had some fun doing it too!



But your ship is nice.  I'm still on that starter ship.  Haven't spent a lot of time in the game.  Always wanted to fire it up but something else gets in the way.

Wait, that's your voice?  I imagined that you sounded like R. Lee Ermey.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on January 17, 2016, 06:38:27 PM

Wait, that's your voice?  I imagined that you sounded like R. Lee Ermey.

I'm told my voice sounds like Seth Rogan.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grimnirsson

#3
Thank you Jar for sharing this, enjoyed the video while sipping my hot tea after a busy day :)
I'm waiting for this game on the PS4...

P.S.: Why didn't the ships shoot back?  ::)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grimnirsson on January 18, 2016, 02:16:20 PM

P.S.: Why didn't the ships shoot back?  ::)

The AI is generally good and can sometimes put up a real challenge. In most cases I believe I wasn't the target. I was mixing it up with a large group of Federal Security Forces who were already engaged with the criminals so I was pretty safe. The first Vulture I engaged was admittedly a push over. I'll double check his skill level. It is possible that my large pulse lasers destroyed his offensive capability early on.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


SirAndrewD

I love the Vulture.  It's such a happy little murder machine.   

Probably the best RES hunter in the game.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback