Author Topic: GenCon 2016  (Read 1758 times)

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
GenCon 2016
« on: December 03, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
I am seriously thinking about going to Gencon 2016.  Does anyone else here plan to attend?

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
Re: GenCon 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »
I am seriously thinking about going to Gencon 2016.  Does anyone else here plan to attend?

I bought tickets today.

Offline Martok

• Arquebusier
  • Gah!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:56:15 PM »
Hope you have a fantastic time, airboy

Financial difficulties aside (I'm still trying to make it work so I can attend Origins this year), it would be difficult for me to make it to GenCon since it's usually around Syttende Mai weekend, and I always attend the festivities in my mom's hometown. 

"I just need to add enough bourbon." - mirth

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 01:02:04 PM »
Usually you get PanzerDE and Cyrano at GenCon, along with random others. A bunch of us hit Origins because we run wargames events there
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 08:53:40 PM »
Hopefully I can have a beer with some of the regulars.

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 09:21:16 AM »
Anybody else registered for GenCon yet?

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 09:25:11 AM »
I will not be there - my summer and my limited funds are already committed elsewhere :(
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 09:34:44 PM »
Decided to cancel my hotel reservation and badge.  I was out of the country during event registration and could not sign up for what I wanted.

Instead, I'm going to both Southern Fried Game Expo this weekend in Atlanta and Liberty Con in Chattanooga, Tennessee in July.

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 08:34:28 AM »
We should sticky a list of who at Grogheads is going to what events so we can try to meet up.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak