Main Menu

Dying Light

Started by BanzaiCat, November 23, 2015, 12:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Anyone else play this game?

I got it on super sale in January and never installed nor played it once, not until last night. I'm not sure it's all that great a game and don't want to invest more time in it if there's not an improvement in general. Two things rub me the wrong way (do with that comment what you will):

- The controls aren't intuitive and seem to be more in line with a controller instead of a keyboard. I don't own a controller nor will I buy one, not until I get a new rig. I got to a point in the game where there was a door I had to knock down but I couldn't recall the key combination, and right then a bunch of zombies appeared. I had about two seconds to try to get the key combo right and couldn't. I gave up in frustration.

- The text is odd. I think the dev is Polish though they have an office in Vancouver. Still, when the game makes a reference that people needed "to get to the aerodrome," and this game takes place in modern Seattle, it made me wonder if I had time warped back to the 1910s. "Muffy, pick me up in your Model T and let us roll in style to the Aerodrome where we shall partake of the latest Zeppelin and ride it to Europe!" Nobody needs to go to an aerodrome, not anytime after 1950 anyway.

Just some minor issues that I could easily overcome if I was motivated enough to do so. Anyone else play this game?

bbmike

Tried it but had the same problems as you. The controls are difficult for me with either keyboard/mouse or game controller. I think this game was designed for console and ported to PC. The reason I don't own a console is because of the controllers. I'm old school and can't handle anything more complicated than a joystick and two buttons.  :-[
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Enhanced edition on sale in Steam.
Worth getting?  Seems to have good reviews.

My Steam Link and Steam controller is coming next week.  Maybe the perfect game for that setup.