Anybody Else Finding Any Goodies At The NKG Holiday Sale?

Started by Wes, November 21, 2015, 10:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes

"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

LongBlade

Noble Knight? I haven't hit them yet this week, but no. I've tried to be good.

Sold some games during an auction at my FLGS and have some credit built up there. Pillaged Fantasy Flights WH40K RPGs yesterday and that's it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Wes

God help I was there when it started. My CC is screaming. It was nice saving cash on the new releases but I got to grab some things I have wanted for a long time. I couldn't resist.
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Cyrano

Direct e-mail sale or something more general?

Can't seem to spot it on the site...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope.  I'm done spending for a while.  Between Wings of Glory and Wave II Armada stuff, I've shot my bolt.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Wes

Quote from: LongBlade on November 21, 2015, 11:37:20 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on November 21, 2015, 11:27:56 PM

Great site: http://www.nobleknight.com/Default.asp

Yeah just start at the front page...everything is on sale...10% and up...I think I got a few items at 50-70% off.

I know folks have a hard time there finding things but my trick is knowing my favorite publishers and using the blue button near the bottom for newly listed material. Here's the page to get you started:

https://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProductsSpecial.asp_Q_PageType_E_new

I have always missed this sale but I made up for lost time. I could always keep finding things but I have to stop now...I'm gonna murderlated in my sleep  ;D
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

Arctic Blast

I've bought from them a couple of times. Good site...but with a horrific website if you're trying to search through the inventory.

Wes

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 22, 2015, 12:03:52 AM

I've bought from them a couple of times. Good site...but with a horrific website if you're trying to search through the inventory.

Searching isn't so bad...it's just they have more publishers than any place I have ever seen.

If you have something in mind I can probably tell you how to find it. Like here is the sort for magazine publishers:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewManuf.asp_Q_CategoryID_E_0_A_GenreID_E_54

And here is the WWII sort:

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewManuf.asp_Q_CategoryID_E_0_A_GenreID_E_25

I discover something new every time I look. I would have never started buying games and mags from other countries if not for these guys.
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

Nefaro

NK has a ridiculously wide stock list, and their site searching takes some time to get familiar with.

But I've picked up a few used, and sometimes out-of-print, stuff there and been happy with their condition & speed of delivery. 

Even more, some of the used games I got actually came with extra expansions inside the box.  Free extras.  Hell, one came with it's full-priced sequel inside.  2-for-1.  :coolsmiley:  I suppose the previous owners had ditched the original box and consolidated, but NKG didn't try to separate and sell them in a baggie or something, so that was a nice surprise.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Cyrano

NK is actually sort of local to me and they're good folks, but I wouldn't call their prices competitive.  In my own experience, they're best for that game you just can't find anywhere else and have to have.  Paying for the location service as much as anything.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

I remember in the late 90s when he ran the entire business on an AOL mailing list, and then upgraded to message board...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on November 22, 2015, 09:52:11 AM
NK is actually sort of local to me and they're good folks, but I wouldn't call their prices competitive.  In my own experience, they're best for that game you just can't find anywhere else and have to have.  Paying for the location service as much as anything.

Ha!  Yeah, they're not gonna be busting price barriers.   ;D

But it can definitely be handy for finding OOP stuff.