My current work...

Started by JudgeDredd, November 01, 2015, 05:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

...got a wee bit bored with the Harrier for the moment, so to keep things ticking over, I decided to do a bit of armour.

So it was the turn of my 1/35 Tamiya Leopard A4

Alba gu' brath

bob48

What happened to the 1/24 scale Typhoon? I was looking forwards to that one...............:-))
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

By the way - that head gear with the light and magnifying glass is superb. Just what I needed in the winter to keep modelling going.  O0

There's a couple of very minor issues...
1. The light is adjustable but has set positions...it would've been better if it was just free moving
2. The bit with the light on it and magnifying glass (the peak) slowly comes "loose" as you move it up and down with the eventual result that is slowly comes down on it's own. Tightening it up fixes it again...but if you are constantly moving the visor up and down, it'll need tightening again.

Both very minor issues and for the benefit this gives, not really worth worrying about.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: bob48 on November 01, 2015, 05:11:55 PM
What happened to the 1/24 scale Typhoon? I was looking forwards to that one...............:-))
lol - I'm not at the 1/24 scale yet and more importantly, it's a bit expensive for me. I saw Tamiya's 1/32 Mossie but at £120 it was way too much
Alba gu' brath

bob48

Yeah, its a lovely model, and the fine detail is awesome, but it is rather pricey. Airfix do a 1/24 scale Mossie as well.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 01, 2015, 05:14:19 PM
By the way - that head gear with the light and magnifying glass is superb. Just what I needed in the winter to keep modelling going.  O0

I've had one for years.  Originally intended to use it for minis but I haven't really needed it thus far.  If I keep at it, I'll probably go blind enough that I will, however.

That Leo kit looks quite nice.  O0

JudgeDredd

It's fiddly. I suspect it's a fairly old kit a) because of the price and b) because of the fit

It's not a bad fit - it's just fiddly. Not as precise as some kits.

Almost done

I'm going to take a leaf out of this guys book and build it then paint it...

And I so want his shop and all those kits!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

All made - mostly. Waiting on my Badger Primer so I can prime it and the tools. Then I'll weather and put the tools on and done.

Next I think is my Chieftain
Alba gu' brath

LongBlade

Looks pretty bad ass in black!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

It's actually dark green...but yeah...it does look badass
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

All primed and ready for a bit of painting

Alba gu' brath