Author Topic: Florida deserves its own thread  (Read 31652 times)

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
Re: Florida deserves its own thread
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 09:35:28 PM »
That guy's just weird. I mean killing a goat to drink it's blood and not eating the gizzards is a waste of the best goat-part.  :idiot2: Every REAL Floridian knows that. Must have been a Yankee.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline MetalDog

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
  • Central Scrutinizer
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 10:32:26 PM »
That guy's just weird. I mean killing a goat to drink it's blood and not eating the gizzards is a waste of the best goat-part.  :idiot2: Every REAL Floridian knows that. Must have been a Yankee.

Your people must be from Arcadia then, Slash?  Immokalee, maybe?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 07:57:47 AM »
That guy's just weird. I mean killing a goat to drink it's blood and not eating the gizzards intestines is a waste of the best goat-part.  :idiot2: Every REAL Floridian knows that. Must have been a Yankee.

It's funnier when it's true.  >:D
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 08:58:17 AM »
We don't say, "Arcadia" here in Arcadia. We say Desoto County. Arcadia's gotten a bad rep. for having a "Rodeo" every year, you don't have to recycle your garbage, and you can park a pick-up truck in your front driveway, like I do, without being labeled a villain. Too much. Clearly we're still living in the 18th century. You can also have a real gun, carry it, and even get married to it in some local churches. And eat everything that has a Gizzard or something close to it. Possums are the easiest to cook because you can just hang them by their tail over the fire. With a potatoe in their mouth.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Centurion40

• Captain Obvious
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »
Sounds grand!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 02:59:52 PM »
Incidentally, my Grandad (on my Dad's side) homesteaded that little penninsula in Tampa Bay where the metro airport now is -- they sold their land to the airport.
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »
They should've named the place after him then. Only fair.

Offline Centurion40

• Captain Obvious
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 06:26:04 AM »

No kidding!  I hope that he made a bundle.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 09:22:19 AM »
That'll get you in trouble in Publix everytime. You can't bring a human skull into the stores. They want you to buy their brand of skulls instead. Store policy.  :coolsmiley:

Offline LongBlade

• Unsanctioned Psyker
  • Blunderbuster
  • No Regerts
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 06:35:39 PM »
That's using your brain.

Offline Freyland

• Viking
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »
All he needed to do was flip the skull upside down and claim it was just a Goblet from which to drink his fallen enemies' tears, and everyone would have been happy.

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 11:38:07 AM »

No kidding!  I hope that he made a bundle.

Apparently not, though I don't know why. It was a different time I expect.

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers