New expansion to Matrix's Command: Modern Naval /Air Operations

Started by RyanE, September 16, 2015, 02:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

My guess is it will be a cheaper alternative (i.e. no editor or ability to use user scenarios) to the full CMANO sim where you can play a campaign to experience the full gamut of what CMANO has to offer without forking out $80. I reckon it will go for $20 -30.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

MikeGER

Quote from: mikeck on September 16, 2015, 07:54:08 PM
I don't know...sounds cool. It says it is a 25 scenario campaign; so if it is dynamic in that you carry your forces from scenario to scenario with all damage and supplies, I'm in.

exactly , if its just  a scenario pack , no dynamic campaign  iam not interested.
and i hope developing this scenario pack did not have taken noteworthy time away from evolving main CMANO further and bring in new features like for example a kind of first installment of a 'land-unit AI'     

Asid

Quote from: MikeGER on September 17, 2015, 01:31:35 AM
exactly , if its just  a scenario pack , no dynamic campaign  iam not interested.
and i hope developing this scenario pack did not have taken noteworthy time away from evolving main CMANO further and bring in new features like for example a kind of first installment of a 'land-unit AI'   

Pretty sure the campaign is not dynamic. Just linked missions.

I believe it was a very talented individual who created the scenarios (Campaign). So no real drain on developing the core product.

None of the above is confirmed though so....

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

As long as the original standalone program will continue getting updates, then all is well and I may eventually consider purchasing DLCs & wotnot. 

Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on September 17, 2015, 08:52:08 AM
As long as the original standalone program will continue getting updates, then all is well and I may eventually consider purchasing DLCs & wotnot.

I am confident the excellent Dev support will continue for CMANO.

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Kushan

Quote from: mikeck on September 16, 2015, 07:54:08 PM
I don't know...sounds cool. It says it is a 25 scenario campaign; so if it is dynamic in that you carry your forces from scenario to scenario with all damage and supplies, I'm in.

exactly , if its just  a scenario pack , no dynamic campaign  i am not interested.

Since the NDA still applies I can't say much about the DLC itself but I think I can say that no, developing the DLC did not take away from development of the game itself. Over the course of developing the DLC several patches where released. There where some things that the campaign needed implemented into the main game but that did not take away from other development.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Dimitris

Quote from: Nefaro on September 16, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
1) Will those of us who don't buy this "DLC" still have their original $80 CMANO program updated?  Or will we be forced to purchase this new standalone, discount or no, in order to receive future updates? 

The v1.09 release is the "game engine" update, and is provided for free just like all previous updates. The NI DLC will be bundled together with the update and can be unlocked by purchasing the relevant license.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Dimitris

A general observation.

NI targets two broad user groups: Interested potential customers who haven't yet pulled the trigger, and our existing user base.

Arguably the #1 "semi-negative" feedback we have received across the 'net ever since CMANO was launched has been a variation of: "This looks very interesting, but I'm not prepared to spend [full price] to give it a try. Give me a free or cheap demo / limited version and I'd gladly take a shot at it."

So now we are doing exactly that.

NI, in standalone form (no prior purchase of CMANO), is the CMANO game engine you know and love, with the Northern Inferno campaign (15 ass-kicking scenarios) and a number of tutorials. Its price will be a fraction of the full CMANO license, and some of the full-CMANO features will be disabled. Standalone customers who are satisfied with NI and want to get more out of CMANO can then upgrade to the full version to unlock all features.

So, we're doing our part. We'll see if the undecided folks, claiming that the steep price is all that's holding them back, will do theirs.

For our existing users, NI offers for the first time a coherent-storyline campaign accompanied by custom multimedia content. Paul has done an amazing job with the campaign story and his scenarios show why he's still one of the top-tier scen authors. We got a great kick out of them during testing and we're confident you will too.

The market's reception of this model will obviously inform our future plans for the commercial version of CMANO.

Nefaro

Quote from: Dimitris on September 18, 2015, 04:51:29 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 16, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
1) Will those of us who don't buy this "DLC" still have their original $80 CMANO program updated?  Or will we be forced to purchase this new standalone, discount or no, in order to receive future updates? 

The v1.09 is the "game engine" update, and is provided for free just like all previous updates. The NI DLC will be bundled together with the update and can be unlocked by purchasing the relevant license.

Thanks Dimitris. 

Sounds like as is well.   O0

jomni

Ok so NI is set of scenarios.   As stand-alone, it is intended for new people to test out the game.  While for existing players, this is seen as a mission pack.
I suppose the cost of entry won't be that large which is fair.

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Dimitris on September 18, 2015, 05:09:14 PM

For our existing users, NI offers for the first time a coherent-storyline campaign accompanied by custom multimedia content. Paul has done an amazing job with the campaign story and his scenarios show why he's still one of the top-tier scen authors. We got a great kick out of them during testing and we're confident you will too.

The market's reception of this model will obviously inform our future plans for the commercial version of CMANO.

Thanks Dimitris, this will be a definite purchase for me. Your comment about the value added of a coherent story-line I think is right on. It's something that has been provided by some in the community like Gunner98 and others, and it adds a ton to the experience IMHO. I'm looking forward to playing it.

My gaming experience isn't particularly broad, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but it seems that this is one of the best-supported games out there post release. Updates are regularly provided free of charge and the devs are almost instantly responsive to issues and suggestions. Have a little faith that they are going to do right by their customers just like they have been from the beginning!  :)

Huw the Poo

Well, isn't this lovely for you all?!

Where's the Linux port?!  :'(

Dimitris

Interesting you should mention that, considering some of the folks we're currently talking with.

Huw the Poo

Sorry, I was on my phone at the time of the previous post and couldn't fully express myself.  I meant, of course, to say:

ORLY!!!

TELL ME MORE!!!!