Virtual Battle Space (VBS) Mission 12/09/15

Started by Asid, September 07, 2015, 07:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asid

D.O.W. VBS Mission 12/09/15 @ GMT21:00

Hazar Bagh Assault by Simon1279
This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

Mission Summary :
Seize Hazar Bagh, the last Col. Aziz army (CAA) resistance is in that town. You need to eliminate the resistance, they are just a bunch of soldiers. Your 2 squads should be enough for this mission.........

Map

Background
The situation has arisen due to the failed Coup d'état by the once revered Col Aziz Olas. His failure was due to his miscalculation. He counted on several high ranking officials flocking to him. He was wrong! After weeks of cat and mouse he was finally captured and now faces a trial by the state. However his fanatical army fights on. This is the last pocket of resistance. You must bring this bloody chapter to an end!

Mission PLAN: Insertion is from the west. You will travel by road in 2 x M2A3 - ERA X Bradley vehicles. D.O.W. Squad 1-1-A will be in the trailing vehicle. You will dis-embark at co-ord 114 024. The lead M2A3 will carry on into Hazar Bagh.

Task Organization:  Elements of 23 Inf. Div. ( Mech )  2 x M2A3 - ERA X Bradley vehicles

1. SITUATION.

a. Enemy forces.   Unidentified CAA units.

(1) Most Likely Enemy Course of Action : The CAA will not give up without a fight. They are expecting us. They will use the buildings as cover. Possible use of civilians as human shields. Intel suggests the presence of Chemical weapons.

(2) Enemy Order of Battle.  See Enemy ORBAT.

b. Terrain. Takistan is a combination of mountain and desert terrain with few rivers. Areas of it are fertile,

c. Weather.  Clear. Ground Firm. Wind 5mph from the South.   

b. Friendly forces.  See D.O.W ORBAT

2.  MISSION. Eliminate all elements of the CAA from Hazar Bagh. You are to arrest CAA remnants if possible. If they resist you are authorised to use deadly force.

3.  VICTORY CONDITIONS. Eliminate all resistance in Hazar Bagh

4.  Mission duration.  60 minutes approx..

5.   SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS. It is likely you will have local superiority on the ground in the area of the main attack. Use your UAV to determine the main enemy effort.  Once identified, isolate and eliminate the enemy resistance.  The once powerful CAA will not go down without a fight. Expect heavy resistance. Hazar Bagh is an inhabited village. The latest intel states that the villagers are not sympathetic to the occupiers. It seems they want the CAA out. Check your fire and do NOT engage civilians unless first fired upon.

Intel suggests the presence of Chemical weapons.

--------------------------------------------------------
D.O.W. ORBAT
Dogs Of War Manning List 1-1-A:

1-   Leader – SCAR – LEoT - IOTV
       Player:

2-   Rifleman - SCAR – LEoT – IOTV
       Player:

3-   Medic - SCAR – LEoT – IOTV
       Player:

4-   Machine Gunner – M240 MGO – IOTV
       Player:

5-   Grenadier – SCAR – LCQT – IOTV
       Player:

6-   Automatic Rifleman – M249 MGO – IOTV
       Player:

7-   AT Gunner – SCAR – L Short EoT – Javelin – IOTV
       Player:

D.O.W. Equipment:
SCAR-L, SCAR-L EGLM, M240, M249, Javelin

D.O.W. Support
•   1 x UAV
•   2 x M2A3
•   1-1-A4 (AI)

--------------------------------------------------------
Col. Aziz army ORBAT
•   Unidentified CAA Infantry units.
•   T80 tanks x2 (spotted)

** Notes **
VBS Version: 3.7.0.127787 (94) 64bit
Mission Name: Hazar Bagh Assault
Created by: Simon1279
Modified by: N/A
Mission Location: Takistan
Multi-Player: Yes
Single Player: Yes
Largest command: Squad (7)
Smallest command: Single
Mission Duration: 60 Minutes (approx)
Minimum number players: 1
Maximum number players: 7
Date: Saturday Mission 12/09/15
Time: 21:00 GMT
Time (local): http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150912T21&p0=%3A&msg=D.O.W.+VBS+Mission&font=sanserif&csz=1
Teamspeak  IP: pm Asid
Room: Dogs of War

Player Skill/Ability:
•   NO Re-Spawns
•   High Realism settings
•   Completion of ALL tutorial : http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,817.msg3572.html#msg3572
•   Familiarity with User Interface
•   Working knowledge of Comms procedure.

DOW members, by invite, or request in advance prior to mission.

Your name must be on the manning list to play.

Our goal is to have the DOW Saturday session more immersive and realistic.
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

War in Pieces

Jarhead0331

As far as gaming goes....why run this over arma 3?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Asid

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 07, 2015, 09:49:30 PM
As far as gaming goes....why run this over arma 3?

Simple answer
If you have ArmA3 + Mods you can get a great gaming experience with a large community. So if gaming is what you want then save money and do NOT buy VBS.

The longer answer
VBS and ArmA are two different things. ArmA is primarily for gaming. VBS is for simulation and training. Ok you might argue that your gaming is simulation ;) .  VBS is in continual development which is financed by its customers. They are primarily military, government and services. If an update/upgrade is made that is paid for by one of these customers then it will make it into VBS for general release, as long as the material is not sensitive in anyway. This translates to added features and vehicles as well as other additions.

VBS is a great tool. The following are what sets VBS apart from ArmA.
•   OME – Off line Mission Editor
•   RTE – Real Time Editor
•   AAR – After Action Review
•   Scripting – More advanced scripting features available.
•   More simulation options. Such as physical effects on soldiers

There are other features available in VBS which add to the immersion/realism such as:
•   Terrain cutting (underground/underwater compartments)
•   Ability to walk on moving objects and vehicles.

Our group use both ArmA3 and VBS3. Though only a handful of us own VBS3. This is a real issue with VBS. The community for it is extremely small.

ArmA ticks the boxes for most people. I really enjoy using VBS. I have both and use both.

This is my opinion based on owning and using both products.

VBS section @ D.O.W.
http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/board,35.0.html

I hope this was helpful

Regards
War in Pieces

Jarhead0331

I'm familiar with VBS. I had VBS1 and VBS2. It was an excellent teaching tool for the classroom, but for online gaming sessions, I found it fell short. Largely because there were few, if any, solid publically available missions and some technical issues, as well. Is DOW making its own missions and distributing them beyond its closed sessions? What is your opinion on how vbs3 excels over its prior versions, beyond the obvious graphics upgrade? I presume technically it uses an engine similar to what it used by arma3, so I would imagine it runs much better.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Asid

Hi Jarhead

I will try and answer as best i can.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 08, 2015, 06:32:55 AM
I'm familiar with VBS. I had VBS1 and VBS2. It was an excellent teaching tool for the classroom, but for online gaming sessions, I found it fell short. Largely because there were few, if any, solid publically available missions and some technical issues, as well. Is DOW making its own missions and distributing them beyond its closed sessions?

Lack of content is a factor one needs to consider when purchasing/using VBS3.
We have started a file repository which is open to all. It contains old and new missions. DOW will only release a custom mission that we have created when we are satisfied it works correctly.

What is your opinion on how vbs3 excels over its prior versions, beyond the obvious graphics upgrade?

I have had limited time with VBS2 and none with VBS1. Therefore I cannot really comment about differences seen by the end user apart from what is in the release notes. Sorry.

I presume technically it uses an engine similar to what it used by arma3, so I would imagine it runs much better.

It is not using the ArmA3 engine at this point. There are many optimisations to the VBS3 engine which allows for greater performance than the previous versions. VBS3 uses a version of the Real Virtuality 3 engine. ArmA3 uses the Real Virtuality 4 engine.
•   VBS3 also uses the "multicast system" which helps to prevent bottlenecks over a LAN. 
•   VBS3 also incorporates the Nvidia PhysX engine as standard.
•   VBS3 is also designed around multi core CPU usage.
•   VBS3 has 64bit Support.
•   VBS3 can do many things without the need for plug-ins.

Ultimately VBS3 is not "worth it" for the majority of people. It has limited user content. An extremely small community and is very expensive. However, as a tool for analysis it is excellent.

Any person can join the Dogs of War Vu and take part in our sessions. Our ethos is one of "mutual respect". If you cannot abide by that then you cannot join the Vu. Simple. The reason some of our sessions are "closed" is to promote continuity and better communication within a niche sector. It is in no way an attempt to be elitist.

I hope this helps.

Regards
War in Pieces

Jarhead0331

Thanks, for the info. Asid...informative, as always.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jomni

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on September 08, 2015, 11:04:20 AM
So VBS3 still uses ARMA2 engine?

Yes. As far as I know, Real Virtuality 3 engine was used to make ARMA2. This is a deal breaker to me. The engine used to make ARMA3 is far superior to its predecessors. I can never go back.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Asid

Quote from: jomni on September 08, 2015, 11:04:20 AM
So VBS3 still uses ARMA2 engine?

ArmA2 = Real Virtuality 3

VBS3 = Real Virtuality 3/4

As far as i know VBS3 is not using the exact same engine as ArmA2 but a mix of 3&4.

I prefer the look of VBS3. It looks great once you have changed some settings.

Regards
War in Pieces

Asid

AAR

We disembarked at the right time. Enemy ATM took out both Brads

Looks like we're walking home guys!

Asid (Javelin) Crawling over to Panthera. He got shot in the legs by an AK47! He could not move. Very soon after he received a fatal shot!

Chezmun and Wilso clearing a building. Over watched by Panthera and Asid

Javelin ready for action! An enemy T80 was spotted by Chezmun & Wilso. Asid was called in with the Javelin

Thats all I will say...Apart from IT GOT REAL UGLY!!!

War in Pieces