Warhammer: Man-o-War: Corsair

Started by Rayfer, September 02, 2015, 08:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

From RPS....just a teaser trailer, not a lot of detail. But one I'll put on my radar to follow.  http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/02/man-o-war-corsair-games-workshop/#more-311737

undercovergeek

Oh lord I played hours of this with wife mark 1

Tpek

Man, GW are sure milking their IP in every possible way.
Not that I'm complaining too much, but what happened to the days they actually sold Warhammer stuff instead of just licensing the IP for royalties?

JasonPratt

As long as the adaptations are good,

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

DONNNNNNNNNNNNNN'TTTT

CAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

LongBlade

Quote from: Tpek on September 02, 2015, 09:34:56 AM
Man, GW are sure milking their IP in every possible way.
Not that I'm complaining too much, but what happened to the days they actually sold Warhammer stuff instead of just licensing the IP for royalties?

It's not like Dreadfleet had people stampeding for copies.

I guess if you can't sell good games, relicense the ones someone else made that you still own. Plus it probably allows them to renew the IP protections. Or, as they would describe it: the old doing well by doing lots of lawfare strategy.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JasonPratt

Coming soon to multiple platforms, Warhammer: Lawfare. Designed by "Jarhead".
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 02, 2015, 04:26:00 PM
Coming soon to multiple platforms, Warhammer: Lawfare. Designed by "Jarhead".

Court room battles with guns?  :P

steve58

This one is out as Early Access for $27.  From the same crew that did Victory at Sea.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tpek

JasonPratt

undercovergeek

I was hoping for the battle fleet gothic treatment - it looks like they've fannied around too much

Jarhead0331

It looks a bit...rough...in my opinion.

Is there a naval component to Warhammer Total War?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Needs more: colons
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Cyrano

This one evaded me...

They just (today) patched in Bretonnia, Khorne, Ork ports (which read like Costner's wreck in "Waterworld"), and a bunch of other stuff to play with.

It's definitely an "early release" game but it's a good time so far.  Then again, "Man o' War" is one of the best games GW ever created.  I've long wondered why it never got the deluxe treatment of the forgettable "Dreadfleet".
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806