Main Menu

Big Pharma

Started by tgb, August 27, 2015, 08:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

Out today on Steam.

Very good melding of business sim, strategy, and some puzzle elements (optimizing lab space when placing equipment).  This had already been available directly from the developer as Early Access for the last several months, so today's release is the official version.

Con

I actually work in Big Pharma developing drug discovery and drug manufacturing templates and equipment.  I had a really quick look at this because the premise relates directly to my work.  Interestingly enough we spend millions each year working on modelling very similar problems in the game. 

However this game has as much relationship to reality as RISK has to waging a modern war.  I am however going to send this link to some colleagues in our Market Intel and Applications branches to give them a laugh as well.  It could be a good little stress reliever from the real thing ;D

Con

Nefaro

Looks like it could be enjoyable.

tgb

I just discovered it's on GOG, as well.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Con on August 27, 2015, 08:59:44 AM
I actually work in Big Pharma developing drug discovery and drug manufacturing templates and equipment.  I had a really quick look at this because the premise relates directly to my work.  Interestingly enough we spend millions each year working on modelling very similar problems in the game. 

However this game has as much relationship to reality as RISK has to waging a modern war.  I am however going to send this link to some colleagues in our Market Intel and Applications branches to give them a laugh as well.  It could be a good little stress reliever from the real thing ;D

Con

What, your offices aren't full of conveyor belts and hoppers? My dream is destroyed!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert