Main Menu

Bounty Train?

Started by sandman2575, August 25, 2015, 05:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

This looks kinda awesome -- but that's based on a very superficial look -- anyone know about this one?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/371520/

Nefaro

QuoteSorry
The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

Dafuk?

JasonPratt

I just wishlisted this SO HARD!

But Early Access? I can wait.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

sandman2575

hmmm, RPS is definitely not impressed, even making allowances for inevitable 'early access' shortcomings --

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/26/bounty-train-review-early-access/#more-310411

JasonPratt

In accordance with the prophecy, any choice I make to withhold during Early Access is justified.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

jomni

Sorry boys but this is the East.

JasonPratt

Well eventually it gets to the Old West, although it's weird how much banditry and Indian raids there are east of the Mississippi (and even east of Tennessee!) before the War...  ::)

Greybriar

Bounty Train is 33% off on Steam at this time. It doesn't look bad and it's gotten some good press. Here's the first of a series of YouTube videos about it:

It is still in Early Access. Has anyone purchased it yet? I'm bored and I love games about trains, but the arcade-looking scenes are making me hesitant. Any recommendations?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Grim.Reaper

Haven't played it myself, but happened to see at Kinguin for only $8....might make it easier to try it out:)

http://www.kinguin.net/category/19706/bounty-train-steam-cd-key/

Greybriar

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 30, 2016, 06:32:48 PM
Haven't played it myself, but happened to see at Kinguin for only $8....might make it easier to try it out:)

That's the lowest price I've seen yet. Steam's sale price is $16.74 U.S. (33% off). After the discussion we had on this forum about the Grey Market, I am hesitant to buy Bounty Train from Kinguin even if it's only $8.30 U.S. :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Greybriar on May 30, 2016, 06:46:18 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 30, 2016, 06:32:48 PM

That's the lowest price I've seen yet. Steam's sale price is $16.74 U.S. (33% off). After the discussion we had on this forum about the Grey Market, I am hesitant to buy Bounty Train from Kinguin even if it's only $8.30 U.S. :-\

I have never had a single issue with Kinguin...but choice is yours.

Greybriar

I'll think it over. But whatever I decide, thanks for the heads-up, Grim. O0

Grim.Reaper

No problem, good luck with your decision...

Greybriar

I purchased Bounty Train from Steam. I would rather spend an extra $8 and know I purchased a legitimate game key. I'm not saying there's anything illegal about Kinguin. I just wanted to be absolutely sure everything was on the up and up.