The Weirdness out of Canada

Started by besilarius, August 12, 2015, 06:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Centurion40

Well that's way better than those goddam repetative Tory ads that partially quote the Grit leader and call him an inexperienced pretty boy.

I'd say that more people should use BC Bud fuelled political ad campaigns.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Sir Slash

Is he aiming for the Shroom-Using vote? I think PETA already out-lawed killing Dragons in Canada. Here in the US, it's still legal but with a $5000 license. And the season is very short.  :buck2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 12, 2015, 08:51:34 AM
Is he aiming for the Shroom-Using vote? I think PETA already out-lawed killing Dragons in Canada. Here in the US, it's still legal but with a $5000 license. And the season is very short.  :buck2:

No, killing dragons (so long as they are of European descent, and are not transgendered) is legal here- you just aren't allowed to own a firearm powerful enough to do it.

airboy

Love the ad - hate his "we need even bigger government" platform.

Can other Canadians grow instant beards?  Is this an Aquaman power?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: airboy on August 12, 2015, 09:17:34 AM
Can other Canadians grow instant beards?  Is this an Aquaman power?

The only beard Aquaman is familiar with is the hot girl he uses to desperately try to make people believe he's straight.

And yes, we can all do that.

Sir Slash

Apparently Canadians don't need guns to kill dragons. Just land on their head and they're done. I'm going to try that next time I play Skyrim and see how it works. Though I may need to create a new character, Conan the Canadian. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 12, 2015, 09:31:39 PM
Apparently Canadians don't need guns to kill dragons. Just land on their head and they're done. I'm going to try that next time I play Skyrim and see how it works. Though I may need to create a new character, ConanGordon the Canadian. ;D

FTFY.

You could even go with "Gordo".

MIGMaster

Cosnidering we're going to be watching this shit until October I would like to see some really entertaining commercials - or even better yet take all the "leaders" ( ::)) and put them on a reality tv series with a hocvkey theme. Whoever wins can be PM - it really doesn't matter anyway  :D

Sir Slash

We're right behind you Brother. 2016 Silly-Season comes around again. :idiot2:

BanzaiCat

Monty Python already caught a political race on film:

besilarius

Does the god of storms have a thing for Montreal?

http://www.lolwot.com/weather-map-shows-line-of-storms-that-will-make-you-wet/

There really should be a dedicated thread for all things Canadistan.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Centurion40

Good time to stay out of the Gulf of St. Lawrence!!  :o

Centurion40

Not weird, but happy National Acadian Day/Fête nationale des Acadiens et des Acadiennes!

Sir Slash