Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Started by PanzersEast, August 05, 2015, 09:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Empyrion - Galactic Survival releases for Early Access today.... on the surface it looks to have all the ingredients to be a very good game, however the execution is still to be seen. 

PE

Jarhead0331

I'll be picking it up as soon as I get home. Looks like it has potential.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Looks quite interesting and on Steam it says it is a single player game. I don't participate in 'early-access' games so I never saw the disclaimer on Steam as follows: Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Definitely one to watch.

Rayfer

It's available and only $16.19, early access.

MengJiao

Quote from: Rayfer on August 05, 2015, 12:10:09 PM
It's available and only $16.19, early access.

I'll get it!  While early access is a mixed bag, I've had some good and cheap (ARMA3 for 13 bucks!) and cheap (Take on Mars, Sir You are Being Hunted, Verdun) results.  Anyway, I used to like space games.

Freyland

Looks like assets from Starforge.

Also cannot find it on Steam. The name will show up in the search box but clicking it takes you back to the home page. Typically means the game page is taken down.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Freyland on August 05, 2015, 08:19:01 PM

Also cannot find it on Steam. The name will show up in the search box but clicking it takes you back to the home page. Typically means the game page is taken down.

It's there. I bought it. Its not bad too. Lots of potential.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Freyland

Yeah, it's available (to me) now.  From reading the discussions, it seems I was not the only one to think "Star Forge" when I saw the video. Fortunately, different developer.  I'll likely buy it while it's cheap despite the fact that I never get to play games anymore. :(

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 05, 2015, 08:50:55 PM

I got it.  At first glance its not particularly interesting.  For one thing, I haven't played that many space games, but everything looks very familiar as if any kind of imagination had been deliberately excluded from the design process.  I guess I've been spoiled by games with good art direction or at least workman-like attention to detail like Total War or FarCry3 or CLod or DCS.

Jarhead0331

^Ummmm...the player can build everything, so it would seem the art direction is limited only by your own imagination. Remember, the game is "pre-alpha". I wouldn't expect too much. The key word is "potential." It may be realized, it may not. I think the odds are against it, based on other EA titles, but you never know.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

steve58

Looks interesting, but my enthusiasm waned a bit after watching this video.  Building stuff is maybe just a little too detailed as in to build something, you must first prebuild sub-components A, B and C, etc.  Each sub-component may also need multiple sub-components as well.  Not sure how much more detailed it gets.  Just seems that would get a bit tedious after awhile.  Still, I'll be checking it out and keeping my eye on it.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 05, 2015, 08:50:55 PM

Marks out of 10?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bobarossa

Quote from: steve58 on August 06, 2015, 10:00:24 AM
Looks interesting, but my enthusiasm waned a bit after watching this video.  Building stuff is maybe just a little too detailed as in to build something, you must first prebuild sub-components A, B and C, etc.  Each sub-component may also need multiple sub-components as well.  Not sure how much more detailed it gets.  Just seems that would get a bit tedious after awhile.  Still, I'll be checking it out and keeping my eye on it.

You'd never make a good engineer then!

steve58

^Well, I want it to be fun, not a career :D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

gameleaper

after watching all the videos, I have concluded to myself this is unlike anything Ive seen before, I want it! No Mans Sky was looking good but now Im looking at this game, also it reminds me of space engineer I think its called, this game is a cross between the two