Started by Jarhead0331, August 04, 2015, 01:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

...very interesting teaser indeed.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

sandman2575

Hmm, nothing about that says "Victoria III is coming!"  Therefore, I am sad.   :'(

Jarhead0331

It is supposedly an entirely new IP. However, if it is anything like Emperor of the Fading Suns, I'll be tickled pink.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 04, 2015, 01:36:31 PM
It is supposedly an entirely new IP. However, if it is anything like Emperor of the Fading Suns, I'll be tickled pink.

+1 because if it's not, that just a really, really cruel tease by Paradox.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

sandman2575

Is PDS developing this title, or just publishing it?  (Sorry, can't seem to find anything about it in the Pdox forums...)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 04, 2015, 01:49:02 PM
Is PDS developing this title, or just publishing it?  (Sorry, can't seem to find anything about it in the Pdox forums...)

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/project-augustus.900/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Kushan

Space Romans using (probably) the EUIV engine, I would buy that.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

Upon closer inspection, the image does not appear to be from Paradox. It may be just from the article on the wargamer speculating as to the type of game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

The only way that wouldn't be a cruel tease if it isn't an Emperor of the Fading Suns remake, is if they're finally, finally going back to Greco-Roman times to link up with CK2. (Instead of having to rely on what amounts to fan-based uses or rebuild/applications of their old engines, a la Rome: Europe Universalis or Great Invasions.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Official announcement is coming at Gamescom, which is running this week Aug 5-8.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

BTW, the project name is Augustus.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

undercovergeek

after the last teaser campaign, im watching from a distance

the one thing theyve always maintained is the name is never a clue to the game

Nefaro

I expect them to do a pre-CK2 Roman one at some point, if not literally EU Rome 2.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on August 04, 2015, 04:52:07 PM
I expect them to do a pre-CK2 Roman one at some point, if not literally EU Rome 2.

Yeah, though not as far back as to Augustus at first perhaps. If they just went back to the mid-300s split between the Eastern and Western Empire after the assassination of the co-ruler in the West (forget the exact situation, it's where Great Invasions starts), they'd have a natural range for synching into CK2 eventually.

Part of the problem of doing that would be how to deal with the relative tech levels. EU4's tech system is different enough from CK2 (right? am I recalling that rightly?) that, paradoxically (... no pun intended) the system can be ported over more easily.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 04, 2015, 01:56:05 PM
Upon closer inspection, the image does not appear to be from Paradox. It may be just from the article on the wargamer speculating as to the type of game.

That was fake?! Man, I about passed out with glee until I saw this retraction.

We should know more pretty soon. If you are a Twitch type of person, they are supposed to be live-feeding their Gamescon event.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert