Game Forge > GameTalk

GameTalk - Examples of Play

(1/2) > >>

bayonetbrant:
What do you think of examples of play?

mirth:
I'm glad to have them when they are included. Usually a good example of play will clear up any ambiguity in the written rules.

Bison:
I like examples of game play especially in more complex games.  However I've seen it a couple of times where a rule is covered in the example and not in the actual rules.  That's just confusing and disjointed.

Staggerwing:

--- Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 03, 2015, 11:20:53 AM ---What do you think of examples of play?

--- End quote ---

I'm generally pretty stupid when it comes to learning new games so including a decent Example of Play can be the difference between getting played or remaining shelf-candy.

Barthheart:

--- Quote from: Bison on August 03, 2015, 04:37:21 PM ---I like examples of game play especially in more complex games.  However I've seen it a couple of times where a rule is covered in the example and not in the actual rules.  That's just confusing and disjointed.

--- End quote ---

I've seen this too, just can't remember where. But yeah that's a big no no.
Every rule book should have examples of play, especially for the intricate rules. I'm finding most rules books now, for deep war games at least, have a fair number of examples, whether just words or with pics as well. Pics are really welcome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version