You've Lost That Friday Feeling....

Started by JudgeDredd, July 31, 2015, 03:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

ooo-ooh that Friday feeling...

Superb movie!! With my all time favourite jet

This weekend I will mainly be getting pissed. No - but seriously, I will. It's my army reunion. People from all over the country who served in 1 Sqn Royal Corps of Transport travel down for a weekend of drunk and disorderly...though they aren't all spring chickens like myself.

So I have nothing. I will have no gaming time AT ALL.

Out tonight. Out tomorrow afternoon and then again tomorrow evening (well, actually we just stay out the whole day - though that's getting more difficult to do each year!) And on Sunday I have a Welcome Home family BBQ for my daughter coming back from her travels around Europe. She was only away 3 weeks - but it felt like a lifetime.

So...over to you lot...get gaming for me
Alba gu' brath

tgb

After 2 days of playing it with the manual open in front of me, I've finally gotten my head around The Viceroy

I'll also be playing Colonial Conquest and checking out the new, free M:TG,

MetalDog

Have fun, JD! 

Any gaming time I have will be spent on Magic the Gathering Duels.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

I finally got through apparently 50% of the campaign in Far Cry 4 a few days ago -- saw what was apparently my first yeti, vaguely, which was a nice reward for the only truly annoying mission so far. Frankly any high Himalayan mission is annoying to me, and this one -- which I won't spoil in case someone wants to play the game -- at least had some interesting variations to it. But one of those variations was being utterly gear-less, leading to dying a lot, and listening to the same grumbled monologue a lot whenever I respawned.  :tickedoff: Eventually I managed to plow through, after yet another mistake, past a checkpoint whereafter I shortly died; and then the reload dropped me off with my two gathered weapons and full ammo about halfway down that map. Where, ironically, I didn't need those weapons and ammo anymore, since I could sneak up to a tower with plenty of weapons and ammo (though not mine) and use it as a base for shooting the hell out of everyone in the area.

After leaving that area, which to be fair featured the most visually stunning use of the high-mountain map design so far, I arrived at a(nother) failure-is-the-only-option point -- but this time, my reward was seeing a figure walking toward me as I passed out, and clearly it was based on Ralph MacQuarrie's iconic lobby poster for The Legend of Boggy Creek:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Honestly, even if I don't get more yetis later in the main campaign, that was pretty cool by itself. (And besides I picked the collection up on sale a while back, so I've also got the yeti mini-campaign to look forward to later.)

Anyway. Not sure what I'll be playing this weekend, but doubtless "inching along in FC4 a little more" is on the list.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Don't hurt yourself JD! I'll be attempting some Ryse once again and a nee campaign with Radious mods in Attila TW - either the Vandals in The Last Roman or Persians in the main game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Have a great weekend of sampling the falling-down-waters, JD. Good old milk of amnesia!

Like MD, I'll no doubt to bashing away at MtG and maybe some DoW.

Looking after our granddaughter this weekend, so any gaming will be confined to evenings only.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Kushan

Have fun JD!

All my gaming this weekend assumes my upgrade to Windows 10 this afternoon goes well.

I have a ton of Command scenario work to do. Need to do the scripting for my Iran Strike, 2015 and the submarine scenario I released as a beta a few weeks ago. Then there are the 1,000 other scenario ideas that I'm constantly thinking about...

Going to continue my current Crusader Kings 2 game as Duke Hapsburg of Upper Burgundy. I was finally able to change the succession laws away from elective to where my youngest son will inherit. I didn't have the crown authority to change it to the eldest but either way it means that my hold on the Duchy is secure for the moment.

I think the love/makes me absolutely furious relationship with World of Warships will probably continue. No matter how pissed off it makes me sometimes something about it just keeps dragging me back. Working my way up the Japanese cruiser line, just hit tier 5. It has 200mm guns but other then that its not a very good ship. I'll probably be converting a lot of my free experience to buy my way past the ship rather then suffering through.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Sir Slash

Sounds like you're still serving Dredd. And thank you for it good Sir. Getting my family obligations taken care of today and the wife's away tomorrow so..... Rule the Waves for a warm-up, then some Rome 2 just to conquer something for the hell of it and to relax, Skyrim where I just ran into my very first Dragon Priest  :o  That should hold me to lunch time anyway.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Kushan on July 31, 2015, 08:07:30 AM
Have fun JD!

All my gaming this weekend assumes my upgrade to Windows 10 this afternoon goes well.

I have a ton of Command scenario work to do. Need to do the scripting for my Iran Strike, 2015 and the submarine scenario I released as a beta a few weeks ago. Then there are the 1,000 other scenario ideas that I'm constantly thinking about...

Going to continue my current Crusader Kings 2 game as Duke Hapsburg of Upper Burgundy. I was finally able to change the succession laws away from elective to where my youngest son will inherit. I didn't have the crown authority to change it to the eldest but either way it means that my hold on the Duchy is secure for the moment.

I think the love/makes me absolutely furious relationship with World of Warships will probably continue. No matter how pissed off it makes me sometimes something about it just keeps dragging me back. Working my way up the Japanese cruiser line, just hit tier 5. It has 200mm guns but other then that its not a very good ship. I'll probably be converting a lot of my free experience to buy my way past the ship rather then suffering through.

I guess I will be upgrading too.  And playing some CMANO.  PLUS WingLeader boardgame, Train simulator and maybe some DCS world and Attila.

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on July 31, 2015, 08:07:30 AM

The Furutaka (Tier 5 Japanese Cruiser) is absolute shit due to it's terribly low ROF and equally terrible turret turn rates.  It performs like a slow ass Battleship, but on the weaker cruiser scale. 

You will be FAR happier when you get the Tier 6 Aoba.  Even though the latter only has three twin main gun turrets, it is so much more effective!   O0

The devs need to rebalance that Furutaka.  There has been steady complaining about it already but thankfully I've powered through the damn thing and don't have to mess with it anymore.  :knuppel2:

WallysWorld

Just started the Canadian campaign for CMSF.
CMRT PBEM.
Working on getting my Panzer IV F2 in War Thunder.
Starting a three game set in LA against the Dodgers with my 9-11 Nationals in MLB 2K12.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

-budd-

Some more WITE "road to Leningrad" then maybe "road to Moscow"  and quake 2 modded for a change of pace.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

undercovergeek

Have fun JD - drink like a crazy Scotsman

I'll be playing my other witp pbem as kyzbp has gone on holiday

And the rest of the time I'll probably be killing Bob, huw, gus and other forumites in rim world again

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on July 31, 2015, 09:34:26 AM
The Furutaka (Tier 5 Japanese Cruiser) is absolute shit due to it's terribly low ROF and equally terrible turret turn rates.  It performs like a slow ass Battleship, but on the weaker cruiser scale. 

You will be FAR happier when you get the Tier 6 Aoba.  Even though the latter only has three twin main gun turrets, it is so much more effective!   O0

The devs need to rebalance that Furutaka.  There has been steady complaining about it already but thankfully I've powered through the damn thing and don't have to mess with it anymore.  :knuppel2:

Slow turret rotation seems to be a thing of all the mid-higher tier Japanese cruisers. Compared to the Omaha, the maneuverability of the Furutaka is also sluggish to say the least.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

steve58

Probably some WoWS...that said, @Nefaro/Kushan, the The Furutaka was exactly where I was heading next :-\...hope it doesn't take me forever to gain enough XP to get past it  :( 
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)