Main Menu

Endless Space 2

Started by tgb, July 30, 2015, 10:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

RPS says it's on the way.

I liked the first one, although I understand some people didn't.  One thing for sure - Amplititude will come up with some interesting factions that all play differently.  No way are they going to take a step backwards from Endless Legend.

Nefaro

RooksBailey

I enjoyed it, but I felt Amplitude abandoned it too quickly to rush off to Legends, and now a sequel.  Unlike the original, I will be waiting for a sale before touching the sequel.  Burned once....
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Huw the Poo

Uh, really?  They supported it for ages, and released quite a few (free) DLC and an expansion pack.

undercovergeek

i understood it was one of the things they were famous for, customer service and finsihing the game that is

ive never felt it was abandoned, they put their heart and soul into it

mikeck

Like it or hate it, both Endless space and Endless legends were very polished and did a lot of things "differently". I love endless legends and it's my go-to fantasy strategy game
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Endless Space was supported well and received extras after release.  Felt like a pretty complete game to me.

It was Endless Legend that was a bit thin on content and could've used more, IMO.  It's a good one, but I think it could've been a lot better with more stuff in it.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on July 30, 2015, 11:27:44 PM
Endless Space was supported well and received extras after release.  Felt like a pretty complete game to me.

It was Endless Legend that was a bit thin on content and could've used more, IMO.  It's a good one, but I think it could've been a lot better with more stuff in it.

im not sure theyre finished with EL yet

tgb

I think they've announced another expansion will be forthcoming.

Jarhead0331

I really liked the style of ES, but I totally sucked at it. I'm usually pretty good at 4x games, but I just couldn't compete with the AI on this one. It kept me from sticking with e game for too long.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Some things i loved and some things i hated. Also, as Jarhead said, the AI always seem to be far ahead. Anyway...i like the idea of a sequel and will really consider it.

kassdhal

I was quite disappointed by the first one. It felt a bit dull... but if they take note on some other takes on space 4x and make it more engaging over the life of th game, I m defnitely in

PanzersEast

I hope it is not Endless Spam 2....... because the ship spam in the later part of the game sunk it for me.

PE

RedArgo

Got an e-mail for early access ES2 the other day.  I'm probably out since I still haven't played much Stellaris or Polaris Sector and MOO4 will be released soon.  Hopefully, its good though, I did like the first one.

QuoteGet ready to play Endless Space 2 for September!

The whole team at Amplitude is thrilled to announce that Endless Space 2 will be available
in Early Access on Steam this September!

So get ready and add Endless Space 2 to your Steam wishlist, and you will be notified immediately
when it becomes available.

FarAway Sooner

I played it during one of Steam's free weekends and, while it was vaguely enjoyable, I didn't really feel there was anything there to differentiate it from any of the Galactic Civilization titles or some of the other Space 4x titles that have been in circulation for a while now.

I very much appreciated Endless Legend and consider that a great purchase.  They made a number of really excellent tweaks to the standard 4x approach to provide some solid innovation there.