Main Menu

Battletech

Started by Jarhead0331, July 29, 2015, 03:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yooper

Quote from: Pinetree on November 01, 2015, 06:04:30 PM
47 hours left and less than $100,000 to go for multiplayer. There's some nice digital rewards too. I paid a bit extra to get some 'mech blueprints.

I didn't notice the blueprints. Thanks for pointing that out!
Military Science Fiction Novelist and Grognard.
Weapons Release

Pinetree

No worries. If you add in the paypal pledges there's less than $29,000 to go for multiplayer.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Pinetree

Multiplayer is in with 25 hours to go. They're going to get close to $3mil.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pinetree on November 02, 2015, 02:03:15 PM
Multiplayer is in with 25 hours to go. They're going to get close to $3mil.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Great to see they got all goals funded! They sure seem to have a passion for Battletech if you can go by the articles and interviews.
I really hope this game will be great and able to capture the spirit of commanding a small army of Mechs or combined Arms, like the tabletop game does.
I pledged in anticipation! :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Pinetree

If you have time, check out the hilarious alcohol-fuelled Q&A they did on twitchTV this morning: http://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv/v/23674097
(fast forward to 15:00 for the Q&A to start.)  It gets NSFW later on. ;D

SirAndrewD

Very glad to see this one cleared its hurdles. 

I also LOVE that they're not adding any stretch goals after $2.5 mil.  They seem to have a focused idea of what game they want to make, and they're not going to overextend themselves and turn game making into endless fundraising the way so many of these crowd funded games do (I'm looking at you Star Citizen). 

If they deliver on what they promised, I'll be a happy camper. 

Now if only Mechwarrior Online would go poof and we could get a solid new Mechwarrior game as well.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

bobarossa

I happened to wander by the kickstarter page after seeing I had bookmarked it some time ago.  Noticed it had only 28 minutes to go; panicked and backed it for basic game.  Not sure what I was thinking as I've backed 4 other games and only one has been delivered so far.  Hopefully this one will make it too.   It finished at $2.785 million. 

Pinetree

It's a pretty safe investment with these guys, they haven't failed to deliver yet.

Nefaro

I actually meant to back this one yesterday, but forgot.

Sometimes the "Notify me before the last day" option on Kickstarter doesn't work.  I've missed a couple that didn't email me as advertised on KS, although a few have done so.   ???

No worries.  Digital PC games will always be available, once theyr'e released.  It's some of the board game KS ones I get concerned about due to their limited print runs and the tendency for the more popular ones to quickly sell out after release.

Pinetree

If you click on the "You can still back" link on the KS page. you'll still be able get some goodies if you want.

Nefaro

Quote from: Pinetree on November 04, 2015, 06:18:35 AM
If you click on the "You can still back" link on the KS page. you'll still be able get some goodies if you want.

Yeah.. that just takes it to a "pre-order" page.  They hit all the big goals, so I'll just wait until 2017 when it's to be released.  Don't think there are any big exclusives I want.

Arctic Blast

I decided to back it anyway...might as well spend the money now rather than waiting for the inevitable later.  ;D

salazarus