Steampunk City Builder: Lethis - Path of Progress

Started by Gusington, June 26, 2015, 06:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Looks a bit cartoony but I will probably wind up getting it anyway...this kinda appeared out of nowhere:

http://lethispop.com/

Based in a Victorian steampunk setting with both a campaign and a sandbox mode. Oh and zeppelins!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Hmmm.  Pleasingly old school but I don't like the art style at all.  Still, they plan Linux support.  I'll keep half an eye on it.  Innit.

Gusington

Me neither but I do like the all around idea...I'll probably wait for a sale.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Word on Steam is that the launch was very buggy, and needs ironing out. Still wishlisted for later.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2015, 06:10:04 PM
Me neither but I do like the all around idea...I'll probably wait for a sale.

Heh, I saw this on Steam and thought to myself, "I'll wait to hear what Gus thinks".

LongBlade

I'll pile on the artwork hating. It's just all wrong. Music makes it worse.

Pass.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Yeah the music is childish and poor. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this after all... ???

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2015, 09:30:56 PM
Yeah the music is childish and poor. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this after all... ???

No, please. We need the amusement.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

jomni

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2015, 09:30:56 PM

Not at all.  I may not like the art style but that alone isn't enough to prevent interest in an otherwise promising game.  The actual gameplay looks pretty good.

JasonPratt

True, but I'm also hearing the gameplay is not really any different from (better looking) Sierra culture-builder games available on GoG and elsewhere.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

I have this on my Steam wishlist..but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. I loved the old Impressions' series of games, and this does appear to be an attempt to be a spiritual successor. But...I'm not sure that they pulled it off.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on June 27, 2015, 12:42:23 PM
Is that the chatter on Steam?

Yes; also where I saw bug lists on early release are being complained about.