Dawn's Early Light

Started by PanzersEast, June 13, 2015, 02:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

End of Day 1 Fighting and into the Night.

NORTH:
In the North the 1 Panzer Division was holding but eventually succumbed to the numbers of the 1 Guards and eventually was overrun with only a Scouting unit left in Eben and now surrounded.  Another Brigade from the 1st Panzer showed up to reinforce the defensive position just East of Stahlhammer AFB. 

SOUTH:
Earlier in the day 2 Brigades of the 5th Division gave the 47th Guards a pretty good nose bleed as their progress was slowed and at the end of the day they are still stalled.  The Russian 87th Rifle showed up and was able to skirt to the south of fighting and reach the outskirts of Eisenbach, however the 3rd Brigade is now rushing in from the West to reenforce the position.  Gunships from the Russians were ineffective.

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

PE

PanzersEast

On the 2nd Day the 2nd Guards Airborne dropped in and was able to seize Stahlhammer AB while the 1st Panzer Div was engaged.  Eventually the 1st Panzer succumbed to the numbers and by the end of the 4th day all was lost in the North as the Russians took considerable casualties, however seized the AB and mopped up.

In the South the Brigades of the 5th Armored Div inflected heavy casualties on the Russians, however the Russians were able to thrust in and take Eisenbach thus establishing a line of comm.  The Russian forces where not able to breakthough by the 4th day however they did reached their top 2 objectives, however with heavy losses.

For some odd reason the rolls seemed to go in favor of NATO for most of the game... even so, attrition eventually set in but I will say it was a blood fest in the south as their were heavy exchanges and losses.  Below is the snap shot around the third day of fighting as the Russians begin to have their way.

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

Barthheart

Is that the first scenario?

Yes the game is very bloody.  O0

PanzersEast

Quote from: Barthheart on June 15, 2015, 11:08:10 AM
Is that the first scenario?

Yes the game is very bloody.  O0

Yep, first scenario and it was very bloody...  especially in the South with the 5th Div.  Heavy exchanges and was back and forth.  I really thought the South would hold, but it did not.  The North was pretty hopeless and I thought maybe for a moment I could out-flank them from the South if I could route the Russians, but attrition just could not manage that.  It is more of limiting their Victory points, but I soon realized that I could not hold all objectives.

PE