Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 118836 times)

Offline DennisS

• Viking
Re: World of Warships
« Reply #990 on: February 11, 2019, 05:16:21 PM »
The second wasn't so bad, but that first clip is disgusting.  That's exactly what I'm talking about.  If I'm in a cruiser I should want to get close to a destroyer so that my secondary guns can do their thing.  The wiki says there is a minimum range for torpedoes but I've yet to bloody find it.

I generally try to stay far from DDs no matter what.  If I'm under 3-4 kilometers from them I should be working hard to avoid torps and/or have my own torps about to blow him up.   I only fight the robots so things might be different in PvP, but I find DDs to be the most dangerous of foes and I try to kill them first and work hard to get them before they get me -- i don't think Ive ever seen a minimum range have any effect and generally, the closer you are to a DD the more likely they are to hit you with some torps.  I generally tend to play DDs myself so I tend to fire torps from any reasonable range BUT really close seems to work really well especially against bigger ships.

Always turn directly away from DD's. Extend away, and live to fight another day.

Offline malize

• Velites
« Reply #991 on: February 14, 2019, 08:49:17 PM »

Offline DennisS

• Viking
« Reply #992 on: Yesterday at 04:21:12 PM »
I am not a great WOWS player. I have a lot of experience, and that helps.

I deleted my main account, and started over on steam. I am all the way up to seven different tier 3 cruisers, going pretty strong.

I am playing with other humans vs. the AI. Yeah yeah...Across 73 missions, I am averaging 3.18, as far as game placements, after the match. I want to consistently average in the top three, prior to playing against humans, if I ever do.

Funny....the humans I am playing with are vastly worse than the seasoned crew from the non-steam players. We have gotten our ass beat, BAD, by the AI, on more than one occasions. One match, in my Tenyru, I had three torp kills, and 68k damage, and found myself getting shelled by four ships. What? WHAT? I was the only human left, against five ships. I got another one before I got sunk...but dayyum! Four kills, 85k damage, and we lose!