Berserker Games

Started by Double Deuce, May 29, 2015, 11:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

I recently started to get burnt out on the States of Siege series from Victory Point Games and am looking for some new solitaire games to break up the extreme crunchiness of SASL and thought about a couple of their titles.

Besides PanzersEast, is anyone playing any of their games?

ARRGHH, posted this in the wrong forum. Can I get a Mod to move it to the  Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Wargaming section.

Nefaro

I purchased Thud Ridge from Berserker Games.

Read the rules and printed most of the stuff off, but I've not cut them apart & brought it to the table yet.  The rules reminded me a bit of Hornet Leader, albeit with differences in various details.  A notable difference is that you actually move your air strike across a hex map of North Vietnam.  So there's a balance between threading the AA sites (+ enemy air coverage IIRC?) and conserving enough fuel to ensure making it home. 

I think the Thud Ridge rules look promising but won't know until I've put it through some game time to check difficulty & see how the outcomes feel.  I think the system has some good potential, although the rules need some extra proofreading and they all REALLY need a gfx makeover.

I also plan on picking up the WWI air war version, which is very similar to the one I have regarding mechanics.  If TR is enjoyable. 

The big question mark is all the other titles he offers.  It seems like there are 4 or 5 different core game mechanic systems he uses for all of them, modifying as needed per title.  I'm curious about the two or three wargame-ish systems, and even the historically themed Adventure/RPG stuff.

JudgeDredd

This got me looking at Thud Ridge. Unfortunately it's two or more players
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 01, 2015, 12:59:34 AM
This got me looking at Thud Ridge. Unfortunately it's two or more players

I posted a BGG in the other thread.  Maybe you were looking at the wrong title? 

It's made for solitaire.  NV is an automated opponent.

JudgeDredd

oh. I checked BGG (and just have again) and it says 2-12 players??

nm - just seen there's a new version (2014)
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156822/thud-ridge-solitaire-game-air-war-over-north-vietn
Alba gu' brath