Steam Summer Sale 2015

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

...rather than continuing the speculation from this thread, thought I'd start a whole new speculative thread of its own.

Rumor is the sale will start on June 11 and last until June 20.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Looks like another source also thinks June 11th is the kick-off....hoping my wallet stays safe, nothing I can really think of that I have been waiting for a sale....plus with SOW: Waterloo coming out the same day, my initial funds reserved for that....just hoping Waterloo hasn't become one of those Matrix premium cost titles, although I would be willing to spend a bit on it:)

http://www.destructoid.com/steam-s-summer-sale-is-coming-june-11-292947.phtml

Gusington

I'll be getting IL21946 and Door Kickers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Probably looking to complete all CK2 and EU4 DLC's that I missed.

DennisS

Battle Brothers, Software Inc., and perhaps the new hockey manager sim for me. Only have about $20..so need to get a steam card or two.

-budd-

All just depends on the discounts. I'm looking at " Darkwood" for a little top down survival, " The Master Plan" For a little squad based tactical, and Ziggurat for a little Hexen/Heretic FPS action. Also looking to finish off CK2 add-ons.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Well, the Gamergate sale started yesterday, so... ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Steelgrave

I'll probably pick up 5-6 games of which I will play two immediately for less than half an hour apiece, then feel guilty about not playing the others. Then when the Steam Christmas Sale comes around, I'll attempt to purchase some of the same games only to be told they are already in my Games Library.

And I won't care, because I'm Steelgrave and I'm an addict.   :P

Martok

^  And that is why I'm actually content to not have any money at the moment (at least not for spending on games).  Like I don't already have too many that I don't play (either enough of, or not at all)...  ::)  :-[ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

I see it says it lasts until June 21, which is good. I get back off the cruise ship on June 20 and the wife and kids leave that same evening.  >:D

Huw the Poo

I note that the new week-long deals run until 15 June...

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 08, 2015, 03:37:17 PM
I note that the new week-long deals run until 15 June...

They always run until the following Monday, I think.

steve58

...another possible clue.  Steam's current Weeklong Deals list is only a paltry 25 games.