Revolution Under Siege Gold

Started by jomni, May 27, 2015, 05:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

An improved version of RUS is being worked on.  Not sure if existing players can upgrade for free.  Sound like what they did to WITP with WITP:AE
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/579/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.Gold

WallysWorld

That's very interesting. I have the game, but like a bunch of other games I bought, haven't devoted much time to it. But a gold version is definitely something I would be interested in like I bought the Rise of Prussia Gold upgrade.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Martok

I swear I read somewhere before that a Gold version was being worked on.  Nonetheless, good to see that it's confirmed. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

Quote from: Martok on May 28, 2015, 02:00:44 PM
I swear I read somewhere before that a Gold version was being worked on....

At the AGEOD Forums, perhaps?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Slick Wilhelm

Sweet! I am so in. My personal favorite Ageod game.  O0

Martok

Quote from: Greybriar on May 28, 2015, 03:46:34 PM
Quote from: Martok on May 28, 2015, 02:00:44 PM
I swear I read somewhere before that a Gold version was being worked on....

At the AGEOD Forums, perhaps?
Not sure if it was that specific thread, but I do seem to recall seeing something about it in the forums over there now that you mention it, yes.  Thanks for memory-jog.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Asid

Revolution Under Siege Gold

Available: 2 July
This game will unlock in approximately 12 hours

Ageod
http://www.ageod.com/products/579/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.Gold

Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/374380

Price:
Download Edition GBP 14.99+tax
Boxed Edition (+ free download)GBP 23.99+tax

There will be a discount for existing owners (maybe just slitherine/matrix purchases)

VPaulus 30 Jun @ 5:15pm
"A discount is planned. :)"

WHAT IS NEW IN REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE GOLD

Dozens of new historical events and semi-historical ones to give a permanent flavor to your games
    A myriad of new options and game mechanisms to immerse you even more in the Russian Civil War
    A wealth of new geopolitical options, historical or alternate historical according to the player's choices, which impact resources, popularity and diplomacy to involve various playable factions.
    A Chronology of all the Events and Options of the game, so that players can prepare to the strategic choices they will have to do.
    New updated manuals in English, French, Russian with details rules and design analysis
    A new updated Strategic map useful for your AAR and PBEM.
    Dozens of big fixes and game balance additions, as well as hundreds of minor improvements based on the last 4 years of players experience and feedback,
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

steve58

Ageod website is showing $25 (digital download) / $35 (dig download + box)

...still not seeing how much for upgrade to Gold.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Asid

Quote from: steve58 on July 02, 2015, 09:57:19 AM
Ageod website is showing $25 (digital download) / $35 (dig download + box)

...still not seeing how much for upgrade to Gold.

Thanks Steve

It is possible that there may not be an upgrade made available. They did it with Rise of Prussia with the Gold upgrade but maybe not this time.  :'(

Regards
War in Pieces

steve58

Asid -- according to VPaulus on the Matrix forums, there will be an upgrade path/price for existing RUS owners.   Just hopes the upgrade works no matter where you got RUS.  I'm thinking I got mine from Gamersgate....

..and its also up/available on Matrixgames.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Asid

Hi Steve

From what I have read it seems the Gold edition is stand-alone. A discount will be given to existing owners to enable them to purchase the Gold edition at a lower price.

Let's hope the discount applies to all purchases of RUS

regards
War in Pieces

Bison

Hmm...I figured there would be like a $10 upgrade option, but I don't see it listed on the store front.

Philippe

I suspect the information that you see listed will change a bit over the next few hours.  When I looked a few hours ago they weren't listing a price at all on Matrix, and Steam won't unlock for a few more hours.

Now all I have to do is figure out whether my copy of RUS is in storage or not.  Worse comes to worst it's still installed on my old computer.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

WallysWorld

Yes, I'm waiting for the upgrade package too as I'll certainly buy it when it's released. I'm hoping the upgrade package does work with all installs of the game as Asid mentioned because I bought it from Impulse.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Asid

Why does Ageod/Slitherine/Matrix have to wait to release an upgrade price????????????

Sigh  :crazy2:
War in Pieces