Illwinter announces Conquest of Elysium 4

Started by Huw the Poo, May 27, 2015, 11:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Can't link on my phone but head over to illwinter.com to see the new features list.  Who's in for this?  I certainly am; I love CoE 3 and if they improve it in the same way Dom4 improved on Dom3 it will be amazing.

Nefaro

Tpek

I just wish they'd allow more manual control of the battles for once.

Huw the Poo

Thanks Nef.  Some of the new stuff sounds really good: five planes instead of one, now, and apparently you'll only visit the others when it's necessary - sounds like they're going to avoid the pitfalls of the likes of Age of Wonders, i.e. having to sweep multiple planes to win.  The changes to combat also sound intriguing but I really want to see it in action.

Tpek, yeah, when you get wiped because your stupid wizard didn't use that one spell enough it can be frustrating.  But the same thing happens to your enemies too.  I don't mind it the way it is, and besides, battles can go on for a ridiculously long time as it is, even being auto-resolved.

Nefaro

Yeah, I don't mind the battles being so hands-off.  I look at CoE3 as closer to a roguelike - focused on random threats, resource management, and varied faction gameplay styles to make replays an enticing part of the game.   It's all about planning ahead, calculated risks, and playing to your factions' unique advantages.

Sparhawk

This will be a wonderful upgrade to CoE3 which I still play when I'm in the mood. I love the Golems :)

TacticalWargames

The battle system in Dom 4 is the main reason why I like it. COE is abit more hands off though I agree. I wouldn't want full control just Dominions level.

..'Just read the description. Yeah I really like the sound of it, esp the siege like aspects..which I'd like to see extended abit more even.

Quote from: Tpek on May 27, 2015, 01:02:52 PM
I just wish they'd allow more manual control of the battles for once.

airboy

I liked Conquest #3 - but that was a brutally hard startup.  You had to grow very slowly or you were crushed like a bug.

Bison

This is great news.  I hope there is an option to make the planes more available for exploration and the combat sounds like it has the potential to be an excellent upgrade to the current system.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on June 02, 2015, 11:10:39 AM
This is great news.  I hope there is an option to make the planes more available for exploration and the combat sounds like it has the potential to be an excellent upgrade to the current system.

Da "planes"???   ???

Ohhh.. the new feature.  I thought maybe one of your cultists was flying around in his own private jet.  :crazy2:

Huw the Poo

Well, come on then!  It's been released and I can see some of you bought it; let the impressions flow!

Bison

What!?!  It's out?  Shitzit I'm so out of the loop. 

W8taminute

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 17, 2015, 07:41:32 PM
Well, come on then!  It's been released and I can see some of you bought it; let the impressions flow!

Yeah I too am really interested to hear what you who have the game think about it!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Huw the Poo

I'll buy it myself as soon as possible, but after buying a couple of games and a graphics card recently I can't really justify it.  It's pay day on Friday though!

Bison

I was going to buy this last night.  However I got side tracked with a new Dominions 4 campaign playing as the Atlanteans.  /sigh/  Illwinter makes such awesome games.