Is CDkeys.com legit?

Started by Tuna, May 26, 2015, 12:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

I see Civilization Beyond Earth there for 27 bucks.. Just want to make sure it's legit and not one of those 'russian' or other sites where the keys won't work here in the US. TIA  ;)

Tuna

Wow, they have Pillars for 16 bucks.. I hope they're good!

Nefaro

Tuna

It does, but when I google, I"m not seeing the usual (Keys don't working the US type) when the prices are too good!.. Looks like their Facebook page they have daily deals.. Pillars is a DD.. other day they had Civ V complete for a lil over 50 bucks..usual price is 10!

Pete Dero

Using http://isthereanydeal.com/ I found this http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Pillars-of-Eternity-Hero-Edition-Win-Mac-Linux.html?ref=516 - Pillars for 20 €.

Lowest price for Beyond Earth so far was 19,99 € on GreenManGaming a while ago.

Current lowest price : http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-Beyond-Earth.html  for 23,95 €.

But : these seem to be EU offers only ?!

Maybe wait a few weeks for the Steam summer sale ?

Tuna

Well .. took a chance.. bought Pillar's first (since I figured it was a deal of the day and it was the cheaper of the two). I used paypal it did ask me for a phone number to verify before I gave the key. I used my cell phone and chose SMS text. Entered the code from the text and they gave me Steam key. Steam Key was accepted and I'm downloading Pillars now.

I then went and grabbed Beyond Earth for my son, that went through no problem, it didn't ask for a phone verification (don't know if the website has a cookie that notes you've already been verified or not)

So seems good.. got two great deals.. Think I'm gonna 'like' their Facebook page, because it looks like they have good 'daily' deals.

magnus

I was skeptical myself at first, but then used it for two dirt cheap buys of new games.

I had no problem whatsoever with the purchases.

Nefaro

I did order Pillars Of Eternity from GameRocket for the $18 sale.

Confirmed purchase after doing so with PayPal.  And now the damn thing has been charged but continues to sit on "Processing" in the GameRocket store for the last 45 minutes & no Steam key sent yet.   Zzzz.

Greybriar

Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 04:02:38 PM
I did order Pillars Of Eternity from GameRocket for the $18 sale....

Not to nitpick but it's actually GamesRocket. And, yes, there is a difference.

$18.49 is the best price I've seen for Pillars of Eternity so far. Thanks!
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tuna

Nefaro

Quote from: Greybriar on May 26, 2015, 04:32:43 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 04:02:38 PM
I did order Pillars Of Eternity from GameRocket for the $18 sale....

Not to nitpick but it's actually GamesRocket. And, yes, there is a difference.

$18.49 is the best price I've seen for Pillars of Eternity so far. Thanks!

Well... they certainly haven't rocketed my Steam key out.  PayPal was charged immediately, and shows it, but no key yet.

At this point, I'm thinking it may not show up until the customer service gets to it.  ::)

Greybriar

Quote from: Tuna on May 26, 2015, 05:44:10 PM
Well today it's 16.57 at CDKeys

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/pillars-of-eternity-hero-edition-pc-cd-key

Thanks for the link!

Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 05:51:45 PM
Well... they certainly haven't rocketed my Steam key out.  PayPal was charged immediately, and shows it, but no key yet.

At this point, I'm thinking it may not show up until the customer service gets to it.  ::)

That sucks mightily!  :knuppel2:
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Evidently GamesRocket was just out of activation keys when I ordered.   They sent me one with an apology the next morning.