Friday is upon us - let the games begin

Started by JudgeDredd, May 22, 2015, 03:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

A song that brings back a memory of The Falklands in 1985 - no TV to speak of so all entertainment came to the forces in the form of recordings on VHS. I remember being besotted with the song and the video - it is the 80's to me.

Anyway - gaming

Some superb Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and the super fantastic Project Cars - truly an amazing racer and has surpassed rFactor 2 for me and pipped Assetto Corsa to the post. I think I'll through some very cool State of Decay in also. And of course my PBEM with UCG in CM:Black Sea...I'm not sure I'm doing things right though - everything seems rather quite - disconcertingly so.

I think I might do some modelling this weekend too. I've yet to complete my "ye olde worlde" Me-262 my daughter got me for Christmas.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=13504.0
Alba gu' brath

Huw the Poo

Now that I finally have a pc that can run it, I bought X Rebirth.  Very excited to get started with it this weekend!  And it's a three day weekend in the UK, too! :D

KyzBP

For the longest time I thought the name of this song was "Obsession".  Back before the interweb it was really difficult to get info on these type of things.

I'm probably going to continue my solo WiTP:EA game.  I'm playing the Ironman mod so the Japanese moves aren't as predictable.  I sure wouldn't mind a Groghead opponent though... ;)

Airborne Rifles

As per usual, CMANO for me, continuing to stalk the surging Soviet fleet in the Barents Sea in Northern Fury - X-Ray Station.

Maybe also some SPMBT, pitting my paratroopers against Soviet armor in 1985.

bbmike

No games this weekend. Long drive to Florida to see the parents instead.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

Working all weekend but in the gaps there will be CMANO - the French have asked for help under the increasing presence of the Chinese, who's asw helicopters I just accidentally exploded

Pbem with JD - lost 2 vehicles already and we haven't seen each other yet

And I cured myself of needing a flight/heli sim by watching lets plays until 2 this morning - entertaining as hell, especially some of the fan movies made, just not for me - to sate the thirst I have built a Russian airforce deck in airland battle, you get no tanks or aaa just a crap load of helicopters, planes and infantry - I'll give that a whirl

It's my annual binge of west wing and there's some great missions to be leeched from there so I might poke into the cmano editor too

And finally my days of working for the man are coming to an end - so I'm going over accounts, plans and generally crapping myself

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 22, 2015, 07:05:15 AM
lost 2 vehicles already and we haven't seen each other yet
Say WHAT?  ???
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

UCG - you're retiring??

I will be playing Order of Battle - Pacific along with some Medal of Honor - Pacific Assault and maybe a dash ofBattlestations: Pacific. And anything else I can find with Pacific in the name.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 22, 2015, 07:19:25 AM
UCG - you're retiring??

I will be playing Order of Battle - Pacific along with some Medal of Honor - Pacific Assault and maybe a dash ofBattlestations: Pacific. And anything else I can find with Pacific in the name.
The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt (Pacific Edition)  ;)
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

UCG - you're retiring?

Working for myself

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 22, 2015, 07:07:41 AM
lost 2 vehicles already and we haven't seen each other yet
Say WHAT?  ???

See that river? It's not as fordable as you think!!

MengJiao

And I cured myself of needing a flight/heli sim ....

I'm going to cure that by playing some that I already have (possibly RoF, DCS, BoS or even CLoD) and some Invisible and some board games and maybe some VASSAL PBEM even.  Three-day week-end!!!!

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 22, 2015, 08:19:18 AM
UCG - you're retiring?

Working for myself
At least if you screw up, you're only angry with you and you can always make it up to yourself  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Shelldrake

Rain tomorrow so a good day for gaming and watching movies. Definitely some more AoW3.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell