New game itch - tell me it's not just me

Started by undercovergeek, May 21, 2015, 08:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

I'm playing CMANO and enjoying it very much

I've downloaded and started XCOM the long war and enjoying it

I'm playing CMBS and having a blast

But every time I start them there's a voice saying 'buuuuuuuuy a neeeeeeew gammmmmmme' and I wonder aimlessly onto the steam shopfront

Last week it was helicopter sims and I thought I'd got away with it, this week it's Dcs world - each an every time I play a game I see the lovely blue of a su27

Help me

Cyrano

I am more perplexed that you view this as some sort of a problem...

Feature, not a bug. :D

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

GJK

Get a wife or girlfriend and then realize how precious those few moments alone with a game are to you.  ;)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm kind of in the opposite frame of mind right now.  Nothing's really appealing and I can't get into any of the games in my library right now either. 

Steelgrave

Over the last week, I've divided my game time between:

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings
7 Days to Die
Order of Battle:Pacific
GalCiv III
Pillars of Eternity

I've got a game of Commander:WWI I'll be returning to soon and I played a little Battle Brothers as well. All these are excellent games that I'm enjoying very much. Additionally, the list of games I've purchased on Steam and hardly touched is shameful. And yet....I still find myself windowshopping Steam for the next shiny new toy. Sometimes I think the ease of digital download availability is a curse. It's like trying to stay away from my wife's homemade Oatmeal Raisin cookies fresh out of the oven....

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 21, 2015, 08:39:24 AM

But every time I start them there's a voice saying 'buuuuuuuuy a neeeeeeew gammmmmmme' and I wonder aimlessly onto the steam shopfront

Last week it was helicopter sims and I thought I'd got away with it, this week it's Dcs world - each an every time I play a game I see the lovely blue of a su27

Help me

Interesting.  One way I stop myself from buying games all the time is to look at how many cool games I am not playing.  For example, I just reinstalled RoF......yep, I've reached the point that if I just reinstalled things I would have a continual supply of new games.

I also just got the Afghanistan map for ARMAIII -- so I guess the moral there is delving deeper into either the uninstalled or the mods or games you haven't worked on much (in my case DCS and Shadow of Mordor and Invisible and Attila for starters) is a way to both get more out of the games you have and avoid getting more -- on the principle that some games (possibly the ones you have) are more worth playing than others.

chemkid

Just started looking into dwarf fortress. And just today, I thought, it's like an expensive toy... I'm reading into  the book. Watching tutorials and wonder what my posse of seven dwarf should be called... Maybe you don't even have to spend any money to get this shiny, new toy feeling! Have fun and enjoy the ride! Being married is a plus, though.
Cheers!
Chem!

JudgeDredd

Help me
I just give in  ;D

It's the only way not to be in conflict with yourself
Alba gu' brath

Anguille

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 21, 2015, 10:02:31 AM
I'm kind of in the opposite frame of mind right now.  Nothing's really appealing and I can't get into any of the games in my library right now either.
same here  :(

sandman2575

Quote from: GJK on May 21, 2015, 08:59:10 AM
Get a wife or girlfriend and then realize how precious those few moments alone with a game are to you.  ;)

Hah!  Add young kids to the equation and watch the preciousness increase exponentially...

I'd been in a rut for a few weeks, coming down from my OOTP 16 high (still one of my absolute faves, but I told her I need a little time apart to sort things out... it will make our relationship stronger in the long run... Yes, I'm losing my mind).

My completely unexpected new obsession:  Prison Architect.  Picked it up on Steam sale for $6.  Wow.

The creativity of this game just astounds me. Comparable to Kerbal Space Program in amount of "that's simply brilliant -- why haven't I seen that in any other game before?" moments.

Zonso

What with family, new job and a million other things, gaming has definitely been pushed off the priority list. However I have been getting in a few hours of Legendary heroes again and have been strangely addicted with the one more turn syndrome. Having a blast so far though am starting to get the suspicion the AI, even on Expert, may not be up to snuff over the long game as I have already snuffed out one. Could be mistaken though there are several other aspects, fantasy quests and rpg the Heroes that are rewarding.

Sir Slash

Don't waste good money on a bad new game UCG. Do like I do. Head over to the AAR Section and pretend like you're the one playing the game in the AAR. Makes me feel like I just bought a new game and am winning at it. Of course you can't do that if it's your AAR, but there's plenty of others to choose from. And it takes-up no space on your hard drive. Nor do you have to bother with all that "Decision Making".  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 21, 2015, 12:53:13 PM

Help me
I just give in   

It's the only way not to be in conflict with yourself

its a Grog's life  O0 :-[  ;)

i feel an urge to get me Witcher3 even so my system specs are in the lower end, especially the CPU i guess, and i dont like the over the shoulder cam, instead of FPV at least switchable when outside the fights   ....go figure  :o
i fight it with watching a Let's Play
...that sometimes help ...and arsing myself to give Skyrim the dedication it deserves   

Pete Dero

Quote from: MikeGER on May 27, 2015, 10:15:33 AM
i feel an urge to get me Witcher3 even so my system specs are in the lower end, especially the CPU i guess

http://www.techspot.com/review/1006-the-witcher-3-benchmarks/page5.html

Quote : While it appears that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is happy to take your GPU and molester every last pixel out of it, it's content with letting your CPU sit back and watch in comfort.